• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pubey

think the Brentford defence are going to be laughing all game as they sweep up every stray or missed flick-on from Corr's head and beat Corr and Tomlin to almost every high ball. I seriously hope I'm proven wrong!
Your wish was granted!

Corr should be behind Eastwood in the pecking order.

The crowd wanted Freddie on asap and we had to put up with the foulmeister Corr. Corr never got us out of this division last year, and he aint gonna do it this year.
He might get us to Anfield/Old Trafford etc...

I am saying dont play Corr because we all know what that means and it is not good enough.
Good enough for a top league 1 team?

Its curious what you say about Corr. He is not producing and in fact in almost every game of late has spurned good opportunities and yet has had more minutes on the pitch than FE who you think has not done enough. FE has as many goals as Corr in less time.
Not any more

It was a real shame that Tomlin run himself into the ground to make up for Corr's laziness. With Britt missing, it makes life easier for defenders, as Corr is so one dimensional. He should not be put on ahead of Freddy, who even if he's unfit, offers more than Corr.
Corr's headers are four dimensional because they break the time-space continuum

Corr is decent to throw on for twenty/twenty five minutes
Maybe before, but not now.

I applaud Corr for getting back playing after his horrendous spell of injuries but sentiment does not score goals.
No, Barry Corr scores goals.

I don't think I've ever seen a worse striker than Corr at League two level.He's useless.
#barnabluegetsitwrongagain

Excellent, a thread about someone who actually played yesterday, someone who's been to hell and back, someone whose commitment to the cause is there for all to see, someone who scored two great goals. Well done, Barry.

SZ's thoughts on Barry Corr...

- Corr is crap, never a 20 goals a season striker. Scores 20 goals in a season.

- Corr is a crock and will never play again. Scores minutes after coming on as sub.

- Corr doesn't fit into our new style. Scores twice to keep us in the cup.

Will people never learn?

YOU. DO. NOT. DOUBT. THE. CORR.

As with most comments on here, this just shows that most fans can't see any further than the last result. If we lost, blame whoever was at fault for the goal, suggest Sturrock should be moved on, and pin your hopes for the future on Eastwood and Tilson. If we won, reward goalscorers with a new contract and play them for the rest of the season.

Drastic™;1471405 said:
SZ's thoughts on Barry Corr...

As with most comments on here, this just shows that most fans can't see any further than the last result.

Since when does one or two, albeit opinionated, individuals become the official view of ShrimperZone or 'most fans'? I think, for the most part, ShrimperZone's views on both Corr and Luggy are pretty well balanced.

Last edited:
No surprise to see BBBC on the scoresheet.

He was criticised for his performance against Gillingham and people suggested he couldn't fit in with our style of play, but this ignored the fact that we were more dangerous once he had come on. On another day he scores twice against Gillingham. Well this other day was yesterday and he'll score those chances he had against Gillingham more often than not.

He's a huge asset to this club, as his biggest fan who had flown over from Barcelona just to see the legend play, will be the first to attest.

BBBC is not a player for every game or all 96/97 minutes in any game, BUT he has physical presence, he is awkward and a danger at set pieces. He will win more headers up front or back defending. He is committed and really wants to play at any level so he IS a great player to have in the match day squad if not in the starting 11.

NOT trying to start anything here just saying. We ALL know his second header was offside. Lets be honest. Truly great goal but I have no idea what the linesman was thinking. Having said that he did wonderfully to get the two goals after what he's been through and kept us in the cup

NOT trying to start anything here just saying. We ALL know his second header was offside. Lets be honest. Truly great goal but I have no idea what the linesman was thinking. Having said that he did wonderfully to get the two goals after what he's been through and kept us in the cup

I don't know that.

so much love for BBBC, every time the ball went wide he picked up a good position and he was more involved in attacks than ive seen him recently, much more willing to drop deeper to play a pass rather than just stand on the last defender

He played very well yesterday and brings something different in our striking options.Well done Barry.

Back