• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

To be fair, George Boyd gobbed on Hart.

Now that is discussting being spat on, in my book its just as bad as being ****ed on, they are both the other persons bodily fluids going over you. If you have a cut that bleeds the ref will take you of the pitch just in case, disease or infection gets passed on via the blood to the opponants. Well being spat on will do exactly the same thing as what the transfer of blood will do.

Snr.

I'm not understanding some of the reactions on here. I like Corr but violent conduct does not even have to have contact to be a red and violent doesn't mean smashed the living daylights in a football context.

Yep it was the vaseline chap who rolled around after Straker went for the ball in first half. Didn't touch him yet made out he did. Ref told him to get up. We were warned.

The FL really need to look at the over-reaction of players to situations and start fining individuals proven to have cheated. It's a corruption from the highest to the lowest levels that needs addressing.
the PFA have part to play too.....they are the first ones to come out and defend their " members" if required, but very quiet on subjects like this....

Yep saw it all from W block.

The two players were niggling each other from their goal area, all the way back to the halfway line, they were bumping into each other on the way back showing their displeasure.

Then around the half way line area, Mr Corr PLACED is forehead on the head of the oppersition, and pushed it against his, and yes i surpose therefore it was a red card.

But the other player sort of looked around first to see who was looking, and THEN about 3 or 4 seconds later deceided to put his hands on his head, and then fell to the ground. He was plainly cheating, trying to get Mr Corr sent of, which of coarse happened.

Now in my book that is not cricket, but if that is what some people will lower themselfs to do, in order to win the game, so be it. But i hope if anyone asks him in the furture if he is a cheating **** head, that he has the brass balls to say YES, because that is what he was today.

Snr.

Spot on, just how I saw it too.

Corr and their chap were niggling and both put their heads together. Corr moved his head forward so yes, in today's terms it was a red card.

However it was their lads reaction that wound me up so much. The looking around for a while, making sure people were looking and then slowly holding his face before falling to the ground when he was sure the ref was on board. Utter cheat.

I'm not understanding some of the reactions on here. I like Corr but violent conduct does not even have to have contact to be a red and violent doesn't mean smashed the living daylights in a football context.

I think you're missing the point Orm. Corr is clearly an idiot. He's let himself down, his team mates, you know the rest... I'm not sure anyone's suggesting otherwise but the rolling around feigning injury when you haven't been injured is a scourge on our game and I'm sure it's something we all want rid of. At least when Pardew wiped his sweat on the Hull players head, the player didn't fall down like his skull had just been caved in.

Bottom line though, Corr gave him the opportunity and that makes him an idiot.

We looked a far more complete team when he was on the pitch yesterday IMO. This could ultimately be the difference between any playoff push happening or disintegrating.

The player who got Corr sent off had already been told in the 1st half by the referee to stop play acting, this after he rolled around in agony from a non tackle by Straker!

Once again we have been suckered by so called professionalism, time we learnt to be doing the same.. if you can't beat em join em.

We need Anthony Grant back as a professionalism coach to show our players how to win the free kicks that changes games!

I think you're missing the point Orm. Corr is clearly an idiot. He's let himself down, his team mates, you know the rest... I'm not sure anyone's suggesting otherwise but the rolling around feigning injury when you haven't been injured is a scourge on our game and I'm sure it's something we all want rid of. At least when Pardew wiped his sweat on the Hull players head, the player didn't fall down like his skull had just been caved in.

We looked a far more complete team when he was on the pitch yesterday IMO. This could ultimately be the difference between any playoff push happening or disintegrating.

This,

Barry has the short fuse syndrome and by many accounts could have been sent off on Tuesday by his constant bickering with the ref,At his age and experience he should know better!

If BBBC is going to be the difference between the Play-Off or disintergration? I fear for the immediate future. Whatever anyone, quite rightly, feels that Barry offers in effort and positional play - we have had him up front (alone to be fair) during the crappiest run. He is a target man that is not a good finisher.
We need something different. Barry Corr is far too easy for opponents to work out..and in his defence is not at all helped by the lack of invention in the team.
In short. Big striker, works hard, lacks cutting edge..in a team that is almost devoid of any surprise or invention? Is not going to work!

If BBBC is going to be the difference between the Play-Off or disintergration? I fear for the immediate future. Whatever anyone, quite rightly, feels that Barry offers in effort and positional play - we have had him up front (alone to be fair) during the crappiest run. He is a target man that is not a good finisher.
We need something different. Barry Corr is far too easy for opponents to work out..and in his defence is not at all helped by the lack of invention in the team.

In short. Big striker, works hard, lacks cutting edge..in a team that is almost devoid of any surprise or invention? Is not going to work!

Thats the system though.

As you say the team is not attacking with any confidence or threat.

Having a system where the striker is isolated and expected to do all of the hold up play etc is pretty toothless if the rest of the team isnt delivering. Its not Corr thats easy to work out its the system, he wins the ball pretty much every time it goes near him, they just need to stop the second ball.

Freddy showed yesterday exactly what we miss without Corr and he showed immediately when he comes on what he offers, but with the team playing like it is that still doesn't achieve very much.

At present with the current system Barry Corr is the best player for that position, his sending off may actually force a change and be a blessing in disguise in the same way that Dickinson getting injured forced us to change and our form improved.

He is a complete and utter ****. Hope he gets a heavy fine from the club. Not having him for 3 games could be costly.

Need to play a 442, i know it doesnt work as well, but Barnard and Eastwood aren't a one ST player. They need to feed off of a partner

I think it's reasonable to assume that Corr did actually headbutt his opponent today.

Let's face it, his 2013/14 disciplinary record isn't looking too good,with 2 reds and 4 yellow cards, so far.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=41449

If we base the likelihood of him head-butting his opponent on his disciplinary record this season then he will be innocent.

His previous red card was overturned with him being completely exonerated of any wrongdoing.

#barnabluegetsitwrongagain

The player who got Corr sent off had already been told in the 1st half by the referee to stop play acting, this after he rolled around in agony from a non tackle by Straker!

Once again we have been suckered by so called professionalism, time we learnt to be doing the same.. if you can't beat em join em.

We need Anthony Grant back as a professionalism coach to show our players how to win the free kicks that changes games!
You are joking aren't you?

Because I assume you must have noticed the way Leonard and Coker throw themselves to the floor at the slightest contact.

I think Coker has got something like three players sent off this season.

Barry's action in a head nudge was indeed very silly. The defender is indeed a naughty lad and gained his team a real advantage. Barry does seem (before this) to have been trying to curb his behaviour.
On Tuesday he was talking to the ref and that was probably what stopped him getting an earlier booking as he appeared to be talking rationally and competitively politely; no problem with that is there?
A 3 game suspension ought to give him time to consider growing up, get rid of any niggling injuries, re-charge his batteries, maybe do some pre game scouting like he did when out before.
And it ought to get Fred and Barney more game time and PB some head scratching and coaching on how the team is going to get the ball forward now a long punt is largely not viable.

From the very top corner of the Family Stand, the 3 of us...

"watch Corr"
"he is going to sent off"
"he's doing to do him when no one is watching"
"he did him".

The really stupid thing is that the it would be the ONLY thing the East Side lino would be watching as the Bury guy was second rear most defender. It doesn't matter if you place your head in someone's face or butt it, its a red card and a red card all day long. Regardless of the reaction of the Bury guy (who seemed to be sitting there holding his head), its a sending off. And a really stupid sending off from an experienced pro. Its about as a ridiculous sending off as you will see and up there with anything Bil did in his time here.

He will be out for three games now, and it may prove to be a blessing in disguise. Or not!

Its about as a ridiculous sending off as you will see and up there with anything Bil did in his time here.

Not "up there with", far worse. At least Mohsni's 3 red cards all came from tackles; attempts to win the ball (however optimistic), not petty disputes with opponents.

Back