• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Are you basing that on one game or the dozen before last night in which he scored 7?

Surely people will have learnt never to judge Corr on one game ...

No I give players a good season before I comment on then .never liked corr has a player or person after Northampton away last year .

Corr is not a southend player like the others in the past . he should get sent off more times really, was very lucky on sunday we he went to hit the player in the back with is head.. sorry guys don't like him full stop

Timlin is a good player barry is not ,don't like him ever since I saw last year with lee barney up front away to Northampton . barry is a thug , and very dirty player.
which is not the southend way

Without Barry's goals this season we would not be at Wembley. I would rather have him leading our line than playing against us, thank you. He can certainly handle himself but it is an exaggeration to say he is a very dirty player.

Timlin is a good player barry is not ,don't like him ever since I saw last year with lee barney up front away to Northampton . barry is a thug , and very dirty player.
which is not the southend way
watch out for Roy McDonough then if you think BBBC is bad.....

Hi all,

Maybe the rain was clouding your vision but just to clarify, that guy wearing number 10 on the back of his shirt the other night had an absolute 'mare.

If that was Cassidy you'd all be out with pitchforks chasing him out of town.

Are you scared you might bump into ol' "Big Bad" in O'Neills and he'll knock you the **** out for saying he played ****?

Hi all,

Maybe the rain was clouding your vision but just to clarify, that guy wearing number 10 on the back of his shirt the other night had an absolute 'mare.

If that was Cassidy you'd all be out with pitchforks chasing him out of town.

Are you scared you might bump into ol' "Big Bad" in O'Neills and he'll knock you the **** out for saying he played ****?

No the biggest fan of Corr and he didn't score but he won the ball that set up Lennie's goal, his close control with the ball at his feet was good and he didn't let his head go down after the penalty miss. Worthy of his place

Hi all,

No he didn't. He had two bad kicks of the ball and battered their centre half the other 119 minutes.

Without Barry's goals this season we would not be at Wembley. I would rather have him leading our line than playing against us, thank you. He can certainly handle himself but it is an exaggeration to say he is a very dirty player.

I think we would have gone up without barry ,I think the pigot and cass would have scored more , I like payne to play with the pig .

ok just watch barry next game then tell me he not dirty .if I played now I would knock him out

I think we would have gone up without barry ,I think the pigot and cass would have scored more , I like payne to play with the pig .

ok just watch barry next game then tell me he not dirty .if I played now I would knock him out

No we wouldn't. I shall watch him at Wembley and hope that he scores goals to win the match as he is a Southend player and they all deserve my support. He will give out a bit of stick and take some, that's what happens in professional football at that level.

No the biggest fan of Corr and he didn't score but he won the ball that set up Lennie's goal, his close control with the ball at his feet was good and he didn't let his head go down after the penalty miss. Worthy of his place

Agreed, yes Barry didn't have the best of games but he still had a positive impact, the ball he won for Leonard's goal is a good example. Crawliano would we have even got to the play offs without Corr's goals? Perhaps, but it's the wrong time to be bashing him now. There's still a good chance he could be the hero on Saturday.

Have been critical in the past but I thought he did really well on Thursday, the only things he did wrong were fluffing the pen and not scoring otherwise. Apart from that, he caused problems in their defence, dropped deep when necessary, defended well and won an awful lot of headers.

Last edited:
I know plenty of neutrals that watched the game and said the following -;

1/ 1 of the best games they have seen on sky this season
And
2/ Corrs alround work rate and ability to brings others in to the game is equally impressive.

For league 1 and 2 Corr is perfect. Is intelligent enough and strong enough. However, the miss in the first half is why he is lower league player. He had too much time, he had a better "snap" shot that was well saved, proving he has the instincts of a forward. I don't understand why people knock him, a/ he is our player and b/ his all round game is better than just his goal scoring.

I think Corr is an excellent member for the Southend United team, I also like the fact that unlike what we have seen in the last, because he has been here for a few years now, he has an affinity to Southend, like the other players that we have continued to keep here long term (something I've praised Martin for before, I like his belief in stability).

Keep up the good work Barry, both you and others will reap the rewards from such

One does not simply just 'knock out' Barry Corr.

Never been a Corr fan but mainly that is due to the role he has to play when one up front. He is not up to the mark in that situation and the problem there is more specifically PB than BBBC.

When PB has deemed to give Corr a recognised strike partner he has given a goal return that I did not think he could so plaudits to him for that.

In my view he did not have his best game on Thursday but it did not lack in effort or commitment. I never thought I would say it but with the personnel we have available, if we play two up top, then Corr has to be one of them. I think sometimes he should stick to the simpler aspects of the game, those within his capability, and I would probably seek out a new penalty taker but Corr has contributed more than enough to warrant his starting place.

Back