• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Written off each year with "legs gone" and "injuries have finished him" yet still manages double figures in every season. Even in his comeback season he was only 3 goals off million-pound man Assombalonga, despite playing nearly half the minutes.
Indeed, not to mention, "he'll never pass a medical at another club." :'(

Would have been a great partner for Mooney and he and Piggot were great as a duo. Still waiting for a replacement, Mr Orange...

Indeed, not to mention, "he'll never pass a medical at another club." :'(

Would have been a great partner for Mooney and he and Piggot were great as a duo. Still waiting for a replacement, Mr Orange...

rq4vmmfvrhinajhq58s2.jpg

People felt he wouldn't cut it at L1 level, well now he's scored against PL and Championship (again) opposition and the season hasn't started.

People felt he wouldn't cut it at L1 level, well now he's
scored against PL and Championship (again) opposition and the season hasn't started.

Hurst scored against West Ham on Saturday but I still think he's got a job on his hands getting his regular place in the side back. Friendlies mean nothing.

All I know is that at this point in time I would feel a lot better having Corr in our squad rather than him being elsewhere. I think unless we get someone who can hold the ball up when the ball gets lumped forward then we'll find it tough. Especially considering we know Brown likes to play one up top.

My worry is that Mooney will be forces to play a role which he isn't good at. He's a poacher, not a hold up player. This means if he plays that role, he probably won't like it and will also sacrifice him gettings goals.

All I know is that at this point in time I would feel a lot better having Corr in our squad rather than him being elsewhere. I think unless we get someone who can hold the ball up when the ball gets lumped forward then we'll find it tough. Especially considering we know Brown likes to play one up top.

My worry is that Mooney will be forces to play a role which he isn't good at. He's a poacher, not a hold up player. This means if he plays that role, he probably won't like it and will also sacrifice him gettings goals.

If Phil Brown dos'nt play Mooney to his strengths, then i fail to understand why bother to sign him?. It's like signing Ronaldo, and playing him as Centre Half!.

You don't mark Barry Corr. You get on the same pitch with him and cross your fingers.

Josh McEachran
Tom Ince
Stewart Downing
Gary Roberts
Jermaine Beckford

and

Barry Corr

don't get me wrong, i love Barry Corr and think we could really do with a proper and similar replacement for him but seems odd to have him in that league.

Josh McEachran
Tom Ince
Stewart Downing
Gary Roberts
Jermaine Beckford

and

Barry Corr

don't get me wrong, i love Barry Corr and think we could really do with a proper and similar replacement for him but seems odd to have him in that league.

Yeah, they're not exactly bad players but they are hardly fit to lace his boots.

Josh McEachran
Tom Ince
Stewart Downing
Gary Roberts
Jermaine Beckford

and

Barry Corr

It's about signings, not players. Corr is an incredible coup for Cambridge - a proven target man 15-a-season striker. On a ****ing free. He'd walk into any L2 squad and I reckon half of L1 would be happy to have him on their books.

They must be laughing.

It's about signings, not players. Corr is an incredible coup for Cambridge - a proven target man 15-a-season striker. On a ****ing free. He'd walk into any L2 squad and I reckon half of L1 would be happy to have him on their books.

They must be laughing.

Allegedly big wages though. As much as I appreciated his contribution i'd rather see him go than double his wages.

Back