• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

No he wouldnt, too old and not fit enough for anyone to pay for him.

Despite being told our strikers couldnt do the job for us for months he now has 6 goals in 13 games, and that makes him worth a lot to us at the moment.

Hard one this. On goals alone barely the 100k mark. But the bigger picture is very different. I will start with the negatives....I reckon my 4 year old daughter could out pace him. When he is off his game its bad...real bad. But he has far more good days than bad. In good form corrs link up/hold up play is excellent as good a pacy striker will run channels and relieve pressure off long balls etc the ball sticks to corr so well...often drawing a foul or gaining throw ins. Corr will always put a shift in. Corr wins so much in the air. Corr gets on the end of good crosses and set pieces and does chip in with goals.
On his day 250k max.

£0. His career should have been over after that long term injury, it sounds like he still has to have work on it, great player for us but noone would want to pay money for him.

£0. His career should have been over after that long term injury, it sounds like he still has to have work on it, great player for us but noone would want to pay money for him.

How much would we have to pay to get a striker who does for Southend United what Corr does? It's a lot more than £0

How much would we have to pay to get a striker who does for Southend United what Corr does? It's a lot more than £0

Of course we would but the question asks if Barry could be sold for a fee and I don't think we could, I can't see who would take the risk.

My understanding is that BBBC would never pass a medical so defo no fee.
His value to us is immeasurable both on and off the pitch.
The season he was out he did lots of scouting and general helper stuff around the squad; at the open days he has always been there from start to finish.
I suspect PB was not too keen on Bazza at the start of his time here but the team selections show how he values him now; although sometimes I would like to see him subbed earlier when he is obviously knackered like he was at the Cod plaice yesterday.

No he wouldnt, too old and not fit enough for anyone to pay for him.

Despite being told our strikers couldnt do the job for us for months he now has 6 goals in 13 games, and that makes him worth a lot to us at the moment.
anyone signing corr for a fee is taking a risk, has always struggled with his back over the years, just hope he stays fit until the end of the season for us.

If Andy Carroll was bought by Liverpool for £31Million, then who knows lol.. Don't think anyone would actually pay money for him tbh.

Nominal. 30-40K max. Not even taking his injuries into account, he has had one top goal scoring season for us which was the year he arrived. Struggled to score for a number of clubs before us and feel that would continue if he left us. Think he's really benefiting from being one of our longest serving/most experienced players and you can tell he feels at home playing at the hall and is respected by the players around him. As much as this probably sounds like I don't rate him, he works harder than anybody else (cant think of many players that would have the mental toughness to pull through a 17 month injury and score on their return) does a real good job for us, and although he might not be the quickest/fittest of players, his intelligence and work rate more than makes up for that. Certainly wouldn't want to lose him

Corr's worth nothing, no-one would ever pay a fee for a player with his injury record. For what he gives us though he's priceless and that's all that matters.

Back