• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bars/Restaurants Sheffield

What style of bars/pubs do you want, what's the occasion, and where's my invite?!

You can't go wrong in Sheffield really, it's a great place for a night out. There are probably some of the best real ale pubs in the country, with the Kelham Island area being very famous. In the city centre you have plenty of great pubs (if you let me know what you're after then I can recommend some). If you want a strip to work down on a night out then West Street is the main drag, although I generally go down Division Street which is parallel to West Street and a bit more classy. If you have money to burn then Ecclesall Road (where I live) is worth a taxi fare, it's like Leigh Broadway, full of posers and not cheap, but some fantastic bars and the best restaurants in the city.

Pubes

also a main area to aim for which is good for bars/restaurants is Leopold Square. It has restaurants like Zizi's, Wagamamas and some independent places which are generally very good, plus bars. It's just by the City Hall and right in the very heart of the city.

Just meeting a mate, just a general occasion really. It'll be early afternoon, so nothing to fancy

nice one, what kind of stuff you after? I'd recommend Leopold Square personally as it covers all tastes, and if not then you're at the end of Division Street which has more trendy style bars. Also around there you have the normal Lloyds/Yates/Wetherspoons. If you want to find a 'proper' pub and drink some local real ale, Then the Red Deer and Bath Hotel are proper 'spit and sawdust' pubs and just off West Street. If the weather is nice then at the other end of Division Street is The Forum (a great bar and has a great beer garden overlooking Devonshire Green).

If you're getting the train, on Platform 1 is the Sheffield Tap which is an absolutely amazing pub, only recently opened but well worth getting to the station an hour early just to enjoy the huge range of beers they have. A true hidden gem.

I'll be driving up, so alcohol out of the question for me :( I know where the City Hall is, so I'll head for there thanks Pubey :)

Back