• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Oh for another Ron Pountney!

I have a horrible feeling Bart may be a bit of an Embo >>
Apparently one mistake and he cracks up. He seems to have let in an aweful lot of goals over the years.!!

A few things that a Yahoo search threw up on Bart >>>

"For the first time since the departure of Steve Mildenhall, the big dutchman has been displaced as a first team regular by new signing Rhys Evans. Last season saw Bart continue his incredible shot stopping ability, pulling off a number of world class saves to help keep him team in the game. Unfortunately he also had a couple of shocking games before Christmas when his confidence dropped. He's worked hard to improve his communication skills and is probably the best back up 'keeper in Division Two."

"King branded Dutch goalkeeper Bart Griemink "a nervous wreck" after a succession of errors on his return to his former club - and was just as scathing about every other member of the side that fell to a shock 4-2 defeat.
King stormed: "The keeper was an absolute wreck and the whole team was just as bad. There were 11 of them out there and the whole thing was a shambles."

" Peterborough included several players with first team experience including former Norwich striker Drewe Broughton and goalkeeper Bart Griemink

... and crossed for the second which was an own goal by Griemink who caught the ball but then fumbled it into the net. "

So a big reunion for Bart, Drewe and Eagle.

I see you've avoided the positive sides of Bart's game there...

For f*cks sake, some so called fans have already ruined one goalkeeper's career, let's not go down that road again shall we?

I know everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but please let's reserve judgement until after we've actually seen him play in the blue shirt!

rock.gif

Yes, he sounds just like Emberson.

I predict that because his name is not "Darryl Flahavan" he will also be guilty of the most appalling errors and will single handedly cost us so many points that we will be propping up the league by November. He will actually make Emberson look like Cudicini.

Happy?

<sigh>

Here we go again...

Look, it is a pre-requisite for any keeper to be a good shot stopper.

We have gone for someone who is the opposite of Darryl. Tall and commanding.

I am sure he will drop the odd ball. So does David James and he is an International.

I am sure he will make the odd blunder. So does Fabien Barthez, who is an International.

But at the end of the day, if he comes for crosses, talks to his defenders and gets rid of the ball within 30 seconds of receiving it then he will be a distinct improvement on what we have had for the last 3 years. Darryl was ok and no more than that. His "mistakes" were not obvious ones so it is difficult to actually apportion blame. More of a lack of technique and ability.

When you are a keeper like Darryl, who does not actually do anything, then it is hard to do things wrong. A more forceful keeper will do things like come for the ball, and sometimes will not make it. However, I bet we don't concede anywhere near as many goals next season.

Lets give Griemink a chance, shall we?

Shame he didn't use to play for Col Ewe as these idiots could really go town !!

By the way my Dad's cousin's uncle's brother twice removed is a Bristol Rovers fan and he said Adam Barratt is pants - lets have a go at Adam, compare to every dodgy centre half we've ever had and make the blokes life a misery. In fact why not do it to the whole team - surely this is the way to make our team succesful ????

WILL SOME PEOPLE NEVER LEARN ??

Bloody hell! Here we go again! Fans slaughtering new players before they've had a chance!!

But then, why don't they all have a go at Flahavan?! Having looked at the season review for the last campaign, there are PLENTY of areas where "shorty" has "done an Embo"! How come HE isn't targetted?!

Morons ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tolson's Lovechild @ June 28 2004,08:47)]In fact why not do it to the whole team - surely this is the way to make our team succesful
rock.gif
?
...and the back room staff...you can bet your life they'll be the same rank burgers and undercooked pies without forks
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Is Bart a bit of an Embo? No

Are you a pessimistic whinger who slags off players before they've played a game for us? Yes

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ June 28 2004,09:13)]But then, why don't they all have a go at Flahavan?! Having looked at the season review for the last campaign, there are PLENTY of areas where "shorty" has "done an Embo"! How come HE isn't targetted?!
I think this is because he throws sweets into the crowd when he is warming up Mike
laugh.gif

In fairness I think most of the Embo abuse started after he played not before it. He dropped some real clangers and was never forgiven for it.

I happen to think Darryl is a reasonable keeper but he is not a great one.

I lost count of the number of goals conceded from corners last year as we had no-one (defence included) prepared to make our own 6 yard box a fortress.

Let's hope he is illiterate or if he does read he is intelligent enough to let this bullsh*t go right over his head.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ June 28 2004,09:17)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ June 28 2004,09:13)]But then, why don't they all have a go at Flahavan?! Having looked at the season review for the last campaign, there are PLENTY of areas where "shorty" has "done an Embo"! How come HE isn't targetted?!

In fairness I think most of the Embo abuse started after he played not before it. He dropped some real clangers and was never forgiven for it.
Embo didn't have a fecking chance though, Tony. The "we hate everything and anything to do with Col Ewe" brigade condemned him before he had even made a public appearance and it went from there. The d**kheads at Doncaster last season were a real disgrace to the football club. I just hope Griemink gets a chance before these pathetic little pr*cks drive HIM out as well.

Flahavan is clearly not as good as he and his pant-wetting circle of fans think he is. And they seem to be targetting any player who "dares" to take his place, even if that new player's reputation is far better ...

Oooh, it makes me blood boil ...

WS
(phew! another scorcher! best get down to the pool!)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ June 28 2004,10:17)]Let's hope he is illiterate or if he does read he is intelligent enough to let this bullsh*t go right over his head.
Rather than Flavs, who lets the ball (minus the sh*t) do just the same thing.

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Oh for another Ron Pountney! @ June 27 2004,23:36)]I have a horrible feeling Bart may be a bit of an Embo >>
I notice that a few regulars on here have a lot to say about the latest "Let's pick on the players before they have kicked a ball" post.

Well, I do not have much to say except........

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>f**k OFF AND KEEP YOUR cr*p THOUGHTS TO YOURSELF&#33;</span>

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ June 28 2004,09:26)]Don&#39;t hold back, PoD. Please ...

WS

wink.gif
That was holding back&#33;

I edited the original one&#33;
biggrin.gif

It makes my blood boil the things some people post on here&#33;

sad.gif

Let&#39;s just keep Daryl and forget about the mistakes he&#39;s amde namely the one against Col Ewe at home, the one at Canvey both could have cost us two very memorable moments, but didn&#39;t because Jay Smith, and the barger that is Drewe saved us.

I tell you wot makes me laugh...these tw*ts expect a world class perfect keeper.

Come on we are not playing Championship manager here its the &quot;Real world&quot;

Yeah the &quot;Real World&quot; people sometimes are not perfect and you can&#39;t get world class keepers on a free.

Find one of our current crop of players past or present that does not have or had dodgy moments
rock.gif

Even Stan was called lazy and had a cr*p attitude.

Simon Royce couldn&#39;t kick past the halfway line.
Gordon Conelly couldn&#39;t play football at all ...lol

basically remember its basement football and we are never going to have a world class keeper so lets just give the ones we do have a fair chance.

I thank you...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ June 28 2004,10:22)]basically remember its basement football and we are never going to have a world class keeper so lets just give the ones we do have a fair chance.

I thank you...
Well said sir&#33;

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ June 28 2004,10:22)]Simon Royce couldn&#39;t kick past the halfway line.

I thank you...
I thought I was the only one at the Hall who saw that - Sunshine you&#39;ve made my day &#33;

Royce could easily have kicked it over the halfway line if he&#39;d been able to kick straight.
wink.gif

You see, I&#39;m allowed to knock other keepers because I&#39;m one of the Darryl Brosettes.

Anyway, it&#39;s good to see at least one person keeping up the time worn tradition of writing a player for no reason at all. If the tradition holds firm, his opinion will not change even if Bart doesn&#39;t concede a single goal all season. He&#39;s another &#39;Embo&#39;, case closed.

Ah, it warms the cockles of your heart to see we still have fans of such wisdom and knowledge. Long may it continue.

Back