• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Basildon 'Hollywood' sign.

Is the Basildon 'Hollywood' sign good for Essex?

• Total voters
I'm very annoyed about this. Why couldn't they do this in a town where the letters can be more easily re-arranged to form a swear word?

I reckon this could be a good opportunity for a local band to do a pastiche of the Happy Mondays 'Step On' video.

I think a huge pair of white stilettos would have been more appropriate.

No doubt about it , it looks terrible and at £400,000 is a massive waste of our council tax and if it had been announced and launched this morning you'd have thought it was an April Fools gag.

Has anyone seen the BENFLEET sign on the hill?

I thought this was brilliant.

25794_399502173899_555913899_4879661_1840313_n.jpg

:D

Hilarious.
Nothing much wrong with it... But obviously in comparison to Hollywood it is shocking.
No doubt the graffiti 'artists' will get their little mits on this soon!!

Well the "Welcome to Vange" sign didn't last long intact soon after that was put up on Vange High Road!

This has now vanished.

Shame because I enjoyed looking at it from my lounge.

You could print this picture and stick it on your window Cyril. After a few pints of Stingos Barley Wine you might not know the difference.

The two slags that boarded the train from Upminster this week and were discussing the topic summed up why a sign is not going to make a difference to an area in South Essex no matter where you put it or what it says!

The common Essex monotone was depressing and the sentence " I Dunna why they bova wiv dat sign, no what I mean?" summed it up perfectly.

You can shove your poxy sign up your japseye sideways!

Back