• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Battle of the 1990s British Albums

Urban Hymns - The Verve (MK)
I Should Coco - Supergrass (Uncle Leo)
What's the Story Morning Glory - Oasis (FatShrimp)
Dummy - Portishead (davewebbsbrain)
Screamadelica - Primal Scream (Mad Cyril)e
Radiator - Super Furry Animals (Drastic)
OK Computer - Radiohead (DingleyDangley)
The Bends - Radiohead (GHG)
30 Something - Carter USM (Greebosan)
The Holy Bible - Manic Street Preachers (Supernaut)
Fat of the Land - Prodigy (Tommy's Mooney)
Violator - Depeche Mode (Toby Esterhase)
II - Tindersticks (Another Surrey Shrimper)
Attack of the Grey Lantern - Mansun (Clinton Baptiste)
Some Friendly - Charlatans (Shrimpers Are Magic)

I don't think this world is ready for Squarepusher so I've switched

Urban Hymns - The Verve (MK)
I Should Coco - Supergrass (Uncle Leo)
What's the Story Morning Glory - Oasis (FatShrimp)
Dummy - Portishead (davewebbsbrain)
Screamadelica - Primal Scream (Mad Cyril)e
Radiator - Super Furry Animals (Drastic)
OK Computer - Radiohead (DingleyDangley)
The Bends - Radiohead (GHG)
30 Something - Carter USM (Greebosan)
The Holy Bible - Manic Street Preachers (Supernaut)
Fat of the Land - Prodigy (Tommy's Mooney)
Violator - Depeche Mode (Toby Esterhase)
II - Tindersticks (Another Surrey Shrimper)
Attack of the Grey Lantern - Mansun (Clinton Baptiste)
Some Friendly - Charlatans (Shrimpers Are Magic)

I don't think this world is ready for Squarepusher so I've switched

What kind of reasoning is that? There are several unfortunate additions to the list so stick to yer guns. Squarepusher can clear a room, and if that room is full of some of the above then all to the good. I had you as a man of conviction. Be brave.

Leftfield - Leftism

Sorry mate I have the 16. Think 32 would be pushing it! And the draw....

Radiator - Super Furry Animals (Drastic) v Screamadelica - Primal Scream (Mad Cyril)
Dummy - Portishead (davewebbsbrain) v Some Friendly - Charlatans (Shrimpers Are Magic)
The Bends - Radiohead (GHG) v 30 Something - Carter USM (Greebosan)
II - Tindersticks (Another Surrey Shrimper) v Fat of the Land - Prodigy (Tommy's Mooney)
Violator - Depeche Mode (Toby Esterhase) v Attack of the Grey Lantern - Mansun (Clinton Baptiste)
Urban Hymns - The Verve (MK) v OK Computer - Radiohead (DingleyDangley) :stunned:
I Should Coco - Supergrass (Uncle Leo) v The Holy Bible - Manic Street Preachers (Supernaut)
Modern Life is Rubbish - Blur v What's the Story Morning Glory - Oasis (FatShrimp)

Nice to see we have our own Blur v Oasis battle.....start tomorrow, 4 a day.

What kind of reasoning is that? There are several unfortunate additions to the list so stick to yer guns. Squarepusher can clear a room, and if that room is full of some of the above then all to the good. I had you as a man of conviction. Be brave.
I was discussing Squarepusher being from Chelmsford rather than actually picking that album - I was debating out loud and taking liberties with people's time. I think Tindersticks will be taken to people's hearts, and I'll use it as a missing persons search.....

but it while we're here this is a Squarepusher banger from 'FMWT'

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2CHV44WpKw4

Back