• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Battle of the beers - 1st round, Heat 5

Guinness or Newquay Steam Bitter

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cricko

Heat 5 of this contest see's two old blokes going head to head...;)

Guinness (Libertine) vs Newquay Steam Bitter (Callan)

Cast your Votes people.

Callan has asked me to post the following in support of his choice of Tipple.

I have nothing against Guiness as a drink...as far as stouts go it's tolerable but according to legend you have to go to Ireland to get a decent pint of it, (doesnt travel then unlike murphys).
Also the media circus that surrounds it never fails to p!ss me off, with the enivitable st paddies day crescendo of idiots running round in those stupid bloody black and white guiness top hats.
Anyway enough about Irelands national drink let me tell you a lttle about Newquay steam bitter which was originnally brewed in the mid Seventeenth century by monks at a Monastrery high on
Redruth moor, Cornwall.
Initially brewed for their own consumption but having discovered it cured baldness and fights wrinkles put it on general sale, the rest is as they say is history, and I'm sure like me, many of of you would have enjoyed this tipple on holidays to the west country.

Famous Guiness Drinkers include.

Graham Norton
Benny from Crossroads
Robert Mugabe
Paddy mgintys goat
Diego Maradonna
Floella Benjamin
Dr Joseph Goebals
Karl Duguid
Fred West
Danny La rue

Famous Newquay steam bitter drinkers include.

Sir Winston Churchill.
Mother Theresa
Steve Tilson
Melissa Thireau ~(sz totty cup winning bird)
James Dean
Pele
Marilyn monroe
Neil Armstrong
Wiggy
John Holmes
Roger Bannister

Callan has asked me to post the following in support of his choice of Tipple.

Famous Newquay steam bitter drinkers include.

Sir Winston Churchill. - Dead
Mother Theresa - - Dead
Melissa Thireau ~(sz totty cup winning bird) - French
James Dean - Dead/Careless Driver
Pele - Impotent
Marilyn monroe - Dead
Wiggy - Bit Mental

They say Guiness is good for you - not too sure you can say the same for Famous Newquay Steam Bitter!

;)

I see what Callan is saying about Guinness, it definitely doesn't travel as well as Murphys, however, remembering the excellent pints of the stuff I have drunk in Ireland rather than the less memorable ones in the UK, I have to go with Guinness. Besides, my mum drank it when she was pregnant with me, and it did me no harm!

I've never drunk Newquay, so have to go for Guiness and a drop of the black stuff in Ireland is indeed very nice!

Not a fan of Guiness I have to say. And I've never drank Newquay Steam Bitter either, so I'm going for the massive underdog in this one....!

Besides, my mum drank it when she was pregnant with me, and it did me no harm!

Well surely thats a matter of opinion :D :whistling: ;)

As a self confessed lager lout i don't really like too many of the beers in this contest so i'm letting the beer "owners" try to catch my vote, and Callans little piece p!sses all over Libertines "Newquay Steam will kill you" jibe ...

Besides, he said he prefered The Scissor Sisters' version of Comfortably Numb so it he has no chance of me voting for him :thumbdown:

Guinness for me...

I thought we would be having 2 heats a day for this?

Cures baldness and fights wrinkles --- Cricko must drink absolute gallons of the stuff. Either that or all his money goes on wigs and botox.

Just to let you know that should Newquay Steam bitter fight its way through to the next round, I will be looking to Form 'Team steam', to help with the campaign, the team will be a crack elite force of 4 albeit one position already taken.
So if you are interested in joining 'Team Steam' please apply for one of the following vacancies;

Political advisor.

Car mechanic

Product support

Forensic scientist - vacany filled.

I have had to vote for the newquay drink because a) Guiness is truley skank and I have always thought that people pretend to like it when they go to Dublin and b) I love everything about Newquay so can only assume I would love this beer too!

I have had to vote for the newquay drink because a) Guiness is truley skank and I have always thought that people pretend to like it when they go to Dublin and b) I love everything about Newquay so can only assume I would love this beer too!

You have just landed yourself the job of Product support.

Really sorry Callan, I've never tried yours and I do, honestly like Guinness! Also just remembered I was prescribed it during my first pregnancy - my then doctor forgot to organise a blood test at 32 weeks, so therefore my extremely low iron level went unnoticed until 36 weeks when it was dangerously low. This meant that not only was I then given a course of iron injections on alternate days (and in alternate bum cheeks!) for 2 weeks but also a daily pint of Guinness! I know which was the preferred way of increasing my iron levels!

Really sorry Callan, I've never tried yours and I do, honestly like Guinness! Also just remembered I was prescribed it during my first pregnancy - my then doctor forgot to organise a blood test at 32 weeks, so therefore my extremely low iron level went unnoticed until 36 weeks when it was dangerously low. This meant that not only was I then given a course of iron injections on alternate days (and in alternate bum cheeks!) for 2 weeks but also a daily pint of Guinness! I know which was the preferred way of increasing my iron levels!

Just run this past 'Team Steams' phorensic Scientist who has concurred with your Doctors prescription, he does however point out, that had you been suffering from Baldness or wrinkles during your preganancy you would have been given Newquay steam as a Remedy.
Sadly for the pair of us this wasnt the case.
Lets put this behind us and move on with our lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back