• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Battle of the Beers - Curry Cup

Which beer is best with a curry?

• Total voters

Uncle Leo

This cook is an anti-semite
A good curry and good pint is one of life's great pleasures. But what would be your beer of choice?

If your choice isn't there, post and I will add it to the poll.

It used to be Kingfisher or Cobra... but now I tend to drink cider if it's available. If it's a BYO curryhouse i usually take a few magners or some red stripe

Anything other than lager is wrong in my view. Can't for example, understand why anyone would drink wine with a curry.

A good curry and good pint is one of life's great pleasures. But what would be your beer of choice?

If your choice isn't there, post and I will add it to the poll.

Had a pint of Bangla once....really nice beer, but not sure it would be known that widely.

To be honest, on a night out after a good drink i don't mind, but i guess a Cobra would be my choice

It used to be Kingfisher or Cobra... but now I tend to drink cider if it's available. If it's a BYO curryhouse i usually take a few magners or some red stripe

I do like a nice Cobra with my Ruby, but a smooth Cider also goes down well!

Asahi & Tsing Tao are always good too, but that's more of a thai curry thing i guess?

I like all the above just as much. But perhaps not as much as i like poppadoms*...

* Why is this word spelled differently in every curry house ever?!! Poppadums / puppadoums / popadums? Maybe its a regionality thing...

Whatever happened to Lal Toofan?

Was just about to ask that question. A wonderfully smooth lager - deceptively smooth. I found that I had sunk 10 (and was suitably mashed) to accompany a robust vindaloo without realising that I had broken the half dozen. A great pint.

I normally get stuck into a few cans of Skol or Kestrel super, but with a curry, I find they both taste rather 'woody', in the American sense.

What about a take away ?

I tend to prefer a Green King IPA or a marstons old empire with mine

If I am in a curry house then cobra or kingfisher

Cobra is the perfect drink with a Ruby in front of you.. Can't beat it.

Back