• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Battle of the lyricists

Anyone fancy Carole King, PJ Harvey, Bjork, Missy Elliot, Patti Smith or anyone else with a vagina? It's very male heavy.

Anyone fancy Carole King, PJ Harvey, Bjork, Missy Elliot, Patti Smith or anyone else with a vagina? It's very male heavy.
May mate Alan who is a Shrimper from Canvey but now lives in Romania - when he lived in Leeds The Family Cat slept on his floor after a gig there and he slept on the floor too as he gave his bed up for the support act.
Polly Harvey slept in his bed.

May mate Alan who is a Shrimper from Canvey but now lives in Romania - when he lived in Leeds The Family Cat slept on his floor after a gig there and he slept on the floor too as he gave his bed up for the support act.
Polly Harvey slept in his bed.

I wouldn't wash the sheets. Ever. :Hilarious::Stunned::Dizzy:

Damn missed this one. Not a single rapper on there?? that is genre where lyrics are everything

Mostly old white men. A few of them are already dead. Not sure what that says about the state of modern music or the age of the SZ musos. :ROFL:

Would have loved to have nominated Rakim or Ice T, but sadly no-one else would have voted for them.
I'd have voted Rakim 100% he would have been up there for who I'd have nominated. I think my number one lyricist would have been Tony Rotten (Blak Twang) and I know nobody would vote for him (or probably know of him)

I'd have voted Rakim 100% he would have been up there for who I'd have nominated. I think my number one lyricist would have been Tony Rotten (Blak Twang) and I know nobody would vote for him (or probably know of him)

Yeah he's pretty good.

By the by, with some hiphop, it's ghostwritten, so hard to tell who's the real lyricist. The DOC wrote a lot of the early gangster rap for example.

Shane McGowan, Nick Cave, Chuck D, Missy Elliot, Joni Mitchell, Patti Smith, Prince - all missing.

Back