• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Battle of the Mo's - 1st Rnd - Heat 1

Who's 'tash is the best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jedi Shrimper

formerly Drastic™
Abe van de Ban (Uncle Leo)
v
Kaiser Wilhelm II (Crabby Shrimper)

Let battle commence, post pictures, state your case. Gentleman, start your Mo's!

Kaiser Wilhelm II. The man who arguably did more than anyone to start WW1, a complicated person who both loved, and hated the English.

How do you expect to be taken seriously as a world leader when you're barely able to ride a horse (fairly serious when you're a Prussian Emperor) and have a withered left arm? Simples, you grow a glorious 'tache!

2649872982_f93f19b0b0.jpg

Note the bushiness? This masterpiece would've been sufficient as a mere standard lip warmer, but no. this last king of the house of Hohenzollern added a quirky upturn to each end. An upturn that said "I don't care if I need one or not, I want a Navy, and I want it NOW"

The thing about Abe van de Ban is that his moustache wasn't just a facial ornament to be twizzled in a castle while planning an invasion of the Benelux countries. This was a working man's moustache, one forged in the white-hot heat of the Eredivisie in the 1970s. A time when men were men and moustaches were moustaches.

Vote Abe.

abevandenban.jpg

Last edited:
What a way to open the contest, two tashes that certainly push the boundries here.

The Wilhelm is truly unique, I've not seen one quite like that before. On the other hand Abe's is thick and lustrous and says "come near me and I'll have your eye out". Abe van de Ban edges this for me, just.

Extra points for longevity? Here's the last official pic of the Kaiser, during his exile in 1938.

Lost his throne, retained his 'tache. What a hairy hero!

mid.jpg

Abe van de Ban wins! Well done Uncle Leo.

Unlucky draw Crabby Shrimper, I'm sure the Kaiser would have beaten most other competitors.

A fair fight between two splendid moustaches. Unlucky Crabby, this was the equivalent of Man Utd getting Man City in the third round of the FA Cup.

A fair fight between two splendid moustaches. Unlucky Crabby, this was the equivalent of Man Utd getting Man City in the third round of the FA Cup.

To be fair it was my fault for choosing the Kaiser. He has a history of coming 2nd! :smile:

A fair fight, and the best moustache won. It was an honour to even get 5 votes

Back