• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Battle of the Sitcoms - First Round Draw

BLUEBLOOD

Moderator of Moderators
Good evening everybody, and welcome to sunny Southchurch and the draw for the latest SZ Battle ... here's hoping that "The Sitcoms" lives up to the high standards set in previous contests

The draw will be made by Daniel Venus aka BLUEBLOOD Junior, assisted by Tom Young and will be overseen by occassional SZer Shrimptank

Ties will commence around 7:30am on Monday, and there will be 2 ties published each weekday until 6th August when we will know the 16 who will go through to round 2

So without further ado here goes ...

The League of Gentlemen (Uxbridge Shrimper) vs Men Behaving Badly (Einstein)
The Office (Fatshrimp) vs My Family (Baileytheblue)
My Name is Earl (Napster) vs Absolutely Fabulous (Flinty)
Porridge (Southminster Shrimper) vs Bottom (shrimpboy)
Father Ted (Pubey) vs Red Dwarf (Jonny O)
Gavin & Stacey (brad the shrimper) vs The Vicar of Dibley (Genial Harry Grout)
The Young Ones (Firestorm) vs Fawlty Towers (Statski77)
Big Bang Theory (Shrimper2thecore) vs Only Fools and Horses (Cricko)
Open All Hours (Barrettisalegend) vs I'm Alan Partridge (seany t)
The Good Life (Hutton) vs Yes Minister (BILLERICAY BLUE)
Seinfeld (Mad Cyril) vs Phoenix Nights (JoshC)
Dads Army (shrimpled) vs Peep Show (blues_r_best)
Dinnerladies (OldBlueLady) vs Goodnight Sweetheart (Defiler)
Allo Allo (True Blue) vs Steptoe & Son (canveyshrimper)
Till Death Do Us Part (callan) vs Blackadder (MK Shrimper)
Rising Damp (A Century United) vs Frasier (stereoscene)

Couple of crackers in there, a walkover for OFAH I think as well, I'm afraid to say.

So there we have it ...

When i get to work on Monday i will post up the first 2 matches and attach 24 hour polls ... the rest is up to you boys and girls ... enjoy !!!!!!

Oh No! I have to vote against Father Ted!

Father Ted (Pubey) v Red Dwarf (Jonny O)

That's really tough tie.

I should point out at this juncture that i will not be voting in any of the polls, however i will have the casting vote in the event of a tie ... and that vote will solely be based on the evidence contained in the thread, so for an example ... Big Bang Theory vs OFAH ... i've NEVER heard of the former, but if S2TC posts a clip up and Cricko doesn't then, in the event of a tie BBT will get my vote as the owner put the effort into winning .. hope that makes sense :unsure:

FWIW i'm particulally looking forward to the Porridge vs Bottom battle (29th July) The Young Ones vs Fawlty Towers (31st July) and Open All Hours vs I'm Alan Partridge (1st Aug)

Yep, think you're going down Jonny Boy!

Not without a fight my friend. I shall start working on my battle plan tonight by watching some Dwarf, and finding some top draw clips off YouTube.

"Smeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeg Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeead"

The League of Gentlemen (Uxbridge Shrimper) vs Men Behaving Badly (Einstein)
The Office (Fatshrimp) vs My Family (Baileytheblue)
My Name is Earl (Napster) vs Absolutely Fabulous (Flinty)
Porridge (Southminster Shrimper) vs Bottom (shrimpboy)
Father Ted (Pubey) vs Red Dwarf (Jonny O)
Gavin & Stacey (brad the shrimper) vs The Vicar of Dibley (Genial Harry Grout)
The Young Ones (Firestorm) vs Fawlty Towers (Statski77)
Big Bang Theory (Shrimper2thecore) vs Only Fools and Horses (Cricko)
Open All Hours (Barrettisalegend) vs I'm Alan Partridge (seany t)
The Good Life (Hutton) vs Yes Minister (BILLERICAY BLUE)
Seinfeld (Mad Cyril) vs Phoenix Nights (JoshC)
Dads Army (shrimpled) vs Peep Show (blues_r_best)
Dinnerladies (OldBlueLady) vs Goodnight Sweetheart (Defiler)
Allo Allo (True Blue) vs Steptoe & Son (canveyshrimper)
Till Death Do Us Part (callan) vs Blackadder (MK Shrimper)
Rising Damp (A Century United) vs Frasier (stereoscene)

I hope these names were all drawn from a hat..there are some crackers here put up against each other and it looks a bit of a fix to me

Back