• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Battle of the Sitcoms - Round One (Heat 11)

Which Sitcom ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is a travesty! It's like 'Man getting hit by Football' winning the Best Picture award at the Springfield Film Festival!

Shame on you all.

This is very dispiriting. Not only is an all-time classic going out first round, but it's getting thrashed.

People of ShrimperZone - NO SOUP FOR YOU!

This is very dispiriting. Not only is an all-time classic going out first round, but it's getting thrashed.

People of ShrimperZone - NO SOUP FOR YOU!

I suspected this would happen. I do wonder how many people who have voted for Phoenix Nights have even seen Seinfeld, which is odd in a way seeing as Seinfeld is one of the most popular television shows of all time.

I only started watching it a year ago on the back of seeing Larry David's work with Curb Your Enthusiasm and have only seen the first four seasons so far, but it really is one of those shows which deserves to be as popular as it is.

Sienfeld is absolute genius, i've never actually seen Phoenix Nights so can't comment on that.

All my favourites are being knocked out in the first round! :darkcloud:

I love Sienfield as well and possibly prefer it to Phoenix nights but that is my choice so that was my vote.

I suspected this would happen. I do wonder how many people who have voted for Phoenix Nights have even seen Seinfeld, which is odd in a way seeing as Seinfeld is one of the most popular television shows of all time.

I only started watching it a year ago on the back of seeing Larry David's work with Curb Your Enthusiasm and have only seen the first four seasons so far, but it really is one of those shows which deserves to be as popular as it is.

To be fair, as soon as the draw was made, I thought Seinfeld would struggle. The BBC cocked about with the show (as alluded to MK earlier in this thread) so much, putting it on late at night and it never really got a chance to get a good UK fanbase. Although the content is sometimes a little adult-orientated, there was never any need to put it on at past midnight.

Never mind, I've got every single episode on DVD and can console myself by watching one or two classics tonight!

I think people need to look beyond the fat bloke with the novelty record in order to see the one dimensional rubbish that lies beneath.

Last edited:
Yeah but he's Northern and that is funny on so many levels......

Back