• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Battle of the Sitcoms - Round One (Heat 3)

Which is the better sitcom ??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
has to be my name is earl possibly one of the funniest things on tv at the moment.

Have never seen My name is Earl. Is it an American comedy?
For that reason I have voted for AF

As Ab Fab is quite possibly one of the worst things ever place on the BBC, Earl gets my vote. I'm honest enough to admit I haven't even seen it, but there's no way in hell it can be any worse than Ab Fab !

First couple of series of ABFAB were quite good. After that became a bit hackneyed, and... well, rubbish!

My Name is Earl is always entertaining.

Never really got MNIE... so will be voting for Ab Fab, but secretly bemoaning the fact that we've got a Good Life v. Yes Minister draw further down the list (feeling gutted that one of two truly excellent comedies will get knocked out at that stage...)

Matt

My Name Is Earl stars Nadine Velazquez. Quite apart from it being a brilliant programme, she is surely reason enough to vote for it.

mnie_nadine.jpg

AB FAB, Another programme which went on one series too long.......
However as American Sit coms have rarely appealed to me I haven't seen MNIE.
(TBH The only American show which would have got my vote would have been Cheers and that hasn't made the 32).
So a vote , purely for Jane Horrocks as Bubble

These two shouldn't even be in the contest.
A travesty when you think Bottom will likely be defeated by Porridge.

These two shouldn't even be in the contest.
A travesty when you think Bottom will likely be defeated by Porridge.

Richard Reade!

My Name Is Earl is sublime!

Ab Fab was funny to start with, I have to agree but it went on FARRRRRR to long and eventually was about as funny as a colonic irrigation.

Earl Hickey all the way.

Richard Reade!

Ab Fab was funny to start with, I have to agree but it went on FARRRRRR to long and eventually was about as funny as a colonic irrigation.

Earl Hickey all the way.

Careful now, remember not to use real full-names in posts, I fear you're forgetting the furore that caused last time............

Pritchard Greed!

Earl Hickey all the way.

Don't worry Glasgow, I've edited MK's post ;)

Can't believe the hackneyed Ab Fab is this close to MNIE.

awards and nominations for MNIE

Nominated for 2006 Golden Globe for Best Television Series - Musical or Comedy.
Jason Lee nominated for 2006 Golden Globe for Best Actor in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy.
Jason Lee nominated for 2005/06 Screen Actors Guild award for best actor in a comedy series.
Cast nominated for 2005/06 Screen Actors Guild award for best ensemble in a comedy series.
Jaime Pressly nominated for a 2005/06 Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series.
Marc Buckland won the 2005/06 Emmy Award for Outstanding Directing for a Comedy Series (episode: "Pilot").
Gregory Thomas Garcia won the 2005/06 Emmy Award for Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series (episode: "Pilot").
Jason Lee nominated for 2007 Kid's Choice Award for Best Actor.
Nominated for 2007 BAFTA TV Awards for International Programme of the Year [1].
Jaime Pressly won the 2007 Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series.
Nominated for the 2008 People's Choice Award for "Favorite TV Comedy".[13]
Nominated for 2008 BAFTA TV Awards for International Programme of the Year

and
jaime_pressly.jpg

My Name is Earl.

Ab FAb was ok but i feel it's dated a bit, the second series of Earl has been brilliant, i found the first series got a bit boring after a while, but putting him in prison was a masterstroke.

My Name is Earl.

Ab FAb was ok but i feel it's dated a bit, the second series of Earl has been brilliant, i found the first series got a bit boring after a while, but putting him in prison was a masterstroke.

I'm actually wondering where the series might go from here. Last week's episode probably would have been a good way to finish the show but as long as the quality continues I hope it goes on for a while yet.

Incidentally, I was about to post a pic of Jamie Pressley in order to further push MNIE's claims, but doing a Google Image searxh for her comes up mostly with stuff that would turn this in a 'not suitable for work or kids' thread :whistling:

Back