• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Battle of the SUFC Players of the 00's: Group A

Who is the best SUFC player of the 00's?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
Group A
13. Peter Clarke (Roxy)
8. Darren Blewitt (ESB)
2. Freddy Eastwood (davewebbsbrain)
7. Jay Smith (Sufclee)

Please ONLY vote for your 2 favourite, or who you regard to be the 2 best players of the group.
Roxy, ESB, davewebbsbrain and Sufclee please feel free to post messages of why people should vote for your player.

Peter Clarke
Peter-Clarke-001.jpg

Darren Blewitt
0,,10444~2956418,00.jpg

Freddy Eastwood
_42288820_eastwood_pa416.jpg

Jay Smith
0,,10420~125096,00.jpg

I wanted to choose King Kev as my nomination purely because of the loyal servant he was and the way he fought adversity to become a fans fave, but Freddie Eastwood was the man that lit my fire at Roots Hall, made me get excited and I think most of you will agree with me on that.

Didn't see it was a multiple choice but I voted for Freddy Eastwood.

Ladies and Gentleman, Let me introduce you to the defensive phenom that is Darren Blewitt.

3321332146_e2317633a3.jpg

Over the last few years, our defensive record has been shambolic to say the least. The Anti-Ron brigade would have you believe that we've never invested properly in the defensive aspect of the side, deciding to plough our sparse finance into a wealth of goal-shy strikers who can play on the wing. Others would lay the blame at us failing to replace the likes of Spencer Prior and Efe Sodje.

Wrong.

It's a little known FACT that our defensive problems started when Defender Extraordinaire Darren Blewitt was cruelly shipped back to West Ham.

In his short but evidently successful spell with us (Precisely two minutes at the end of a 3-0 away win over Cheltenham) he maintained a 100% record, did not concede a single goal or make a single mistake. Vastly superior to any other defender who has put on a Southend shirt in the history of the universe.

In actual fact, Steve Tilson puts 0.0001% of his success on finding Darren Blewitt in the footballing wilderness of Upton Park and honing his abilities into someone capable of running around a football fitch for 120 seconds. There's a very fine line between success and failure in football, so it's not beyond the realms of possibility to suggest that that 0.0001% won us League One. Without Darren Blewitt, we probably would've gone under years ago.

Vote Darren Blewitt. Because, if you don't, one of our great heroes will probably be forgotten about.

Last edited:
Freddy Eastwood (davewebbsbrain) and Jay Smith (Sufclee) progress to the next round

Disgusting.

One day you shall all bear witness to the football genius that is Darren Blewitt...

...When we resign him in the Ryman Premier League

Back