• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Battle of the TV shows...V's...

MK Shrimper

Striker
Anyone watching the current update of the classic 80's Sci-fi show V?

Not sure what to make of it to be honest....very slow, unlikeable characters and not a sign of a lizard in sight.

At the moment I definitely prefer 80's V with it's big hairstyles and Freddy Kruger, but I'll stick with it for now.

Thoughts fellow Sci Fi nerds?

Anyone watching the current update of the classic 80's Sci-fi show V?

Not sure what to make of it to be honest....very slow, unlikeable characters and not a sign of a lizard in sight.

At the moment I definitely prefer 80's V with it's big hairstyles and Freddy Kruger, but I'll stick with it for now.

Thoughts fellow Sci Fi nerds?

Only a slightly different note but related, they have remade A Nightmare on Elm Street, and much like the Italian Job is it quite different from the original.

My missus sky+ the most recent Ashes to Ashes and we watched one last night.

Never ever saw the first one - can someone give me a brief low down on what happened to Sam Tyler.

Well thanks for not at all answering my question in any way :p

Sam Tyler - at the end of Life on Mars he got back to the present, but hated it. Gene & Co & his fancy bit were in trouble when he left, so he committed suicide by jumping off a building which apparently took him back to the 1970's.

Then in the first series of Ashes, Gene tells Bolly that Sam was killed in a post office job (IIRC).

V was ok, have they still only done just 4 episodes?

Seemed to me they rushed into the story line a bit too quick, but enjoyed it none the less.

V was ok, have they still only done just 4 episodes?

Seemed to me they rushed into the story line a bit too quick, but enjoyed it none the less.

Whole series I think, plus S2 already commissioned so someone must like it!

Well thanks for not at all answering my question in any way :p

Sam Tyler - at the end of Life on Mars he got back to the present, but hated it. Gene & Co & his fancy bit were in trouble when he left, so he committed suicide by jumping off a building which apparently took him back to the 1970's.

Then in the first series of Ashes, Gene tells Bolly that Sam was killed in a post office job (IIRC).

So Sam committed suicide in the current era and also died in the 70's?

Apparently so but there is a very big ending in the last 2 episodes of this series that explain everything. I can't wait for it.

Stars seem to be a bit of a theme at the mo. Shaz keeps drawing them and Ray saw stars in the sky the episode just gone.

Yeah whats that about. Before its only ever been sam or alex seeing hearing things now its the others. Has the potential for epic failure

Watched up to episode 9 over the weekend and am enjoying it.

Watched it last night and it had the chance to be epic and kick start the storyline but seriously dropped the ball. It's just to slow and I'm not sure I can be bothered anymore.

John May lives? Who cares? Broadcast the image of a ****ing lizard!

steveo said:
He didn't die in the 70's in the original series but when he woke up again in the 00's he hated it, so commited suicide to get back to the 70's. In Ashes to Ashes, he apparently died sometime in the 70's i.e after he went back.

In AtA, anyone else think that the ghost policeman that Alex keeps seeing may be a young Gene Hunt? We were watching last night, but I dozed off for 15 mins, and need to watch again when I get home later. Did Keats kill Viv, or was he already dying.

Re the stars, didn't Alex or Shaz see them in an earlier episode (when Alex followed Shaz down the alleyway)

This series has been much darker than the others, and I think they've taken Gene a bit too far away from the way he was in the others

Last edited:
He didn't die in the 70's in the original series but when he woke up again in the 00's he hated it, so commited suicide to get back to the 70's. In Ashes to Ashes, he apparently died sometime in the 70's i.e after he went back.

Doesn't anyone read my posts :'(

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showpost.php?p=1150589&postcount=4

In AtA, anyone else think that the ghost policeman that Alex keeps seeing may be a young Gene Hunt? We were watching last night, but I dozed off for 15 mins, and need to watch again when I get home later. Did Keats kill Viv, or was he already dying.

Re the stars, didn't Alex or Shaz see them in an earlier episode (when Alex followed Shaz down the alleyway)

Spot on sir. I think Gene is already dead/in a coma and don't realise it. Shaz did indeed see the stars, so it's only Chris left to have the experience IIRC.

Doesn't anyone read my posts :'(

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showpost.php?p=1150589&postcount=4

Spot on sir. I think Gene is already dead/in a coma and don't realise it. Shaz did indeed see the stars, so it's only Chris left to have the experience IIRC.
Sorry mate, just skimmed through the thread.

Mrs BB's not so sure about the ghost copper being Gene but I can't think of anyone else it can be. Not Sam surely ??

One other thing, how funny was the Blue Peter joke a couple of weeks back. I started laughing as soon as I saw the placard on the wall.

Back