• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Battle of.....

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
Right enough of all this depressing ****.

It's about time we had a new battle of.

So I suggest a battle of the greatest moments in SUFC history so I can wallow in nostalgia and watch that video of Benji scoring at Bury on loop.

So your nominations in please gentlemen.

Is Benji's goal at Bury your nomination? If not then it would be mine.

If you've already grabbed that then I'd nominate the LDV Trophy semi-final, 2nd leg against Colchester. The most nervous I've ever been at a Southend game and the relief and sheer joy at the final whistle was amazing. The first time we'd ever got to a national Cup Final, more than the actual final itself (which was a great weekend) that night at Roots Hall encapsulated everything great about being a Shrimper.

A few of my favourites have already gone, so I shall nominate:

Jay Smith's goal in the FA Cup vs Canvey at Park Lane.

Peter Clarke equalising against Chelsea in the last minute of the match at Stamford Bridge!

I'll have; The 2nd leg of the play-off final at Roots Hall when Fred put the penalty past Northampton

That 45 minutes against Yeovil Town in the 05/06 season.

The most complete performance I've ever seen from a Football League club...

Damon Searle's "Bend it like Beckham" goal, second only to Adrian Clarke's goal in his last game ever for Southend think it was against Brighton if my memory is right ( Please advise if not !!)

My first ever game my dad took me to, I was about 6/7, we played Shrewsbury and lost 3-2, Tes bramble put a penalty 6 foot wide! I had a great day and was hooked from then on!

1. Benji, Bury (Ron Manager)
2. Juppy's goal at Cardiff (Pickled Seal)
3. Eastwood v Man U (East Black)
4. Wayne Gray clinching the title (Ayrshire Blue)
5. Jay Smith live on Sky (Uncle Leo)
6. Peter Clarke v Chelsea (supershrimper)
7. Freddy's 2nd at Swansea to clinch promotion (Brettie Angell)
8. Billy Best's 5 and Southend's 10 (Canveyshrimper)
9. Freddy (again) and his play-off penalty (graysblue jr)
10. That 45 minutes against Yeovil when we became Brazil (ESB)
11. Searle v Rushden? (DSLC)
12. Tes missing a penalty (good luck with this one) (Tice18)
13. Even Che scored (Mk II) (MtS)

Can't believe no-one's nominated Brett Angell v the Scum, nor any win over Col Ewe (to be fair, there are so many examples it may be difficult to pick just one)

Last edited:
1. Benji, Bury (Ron Manager)
2. Juppy's goal at Cardiff (Pickled Seal)
3. Eastwood v Man U (East Black)
4. Wayne Gray clinching the title (Ayrshire Blue)
5. Jay Smith live on Sky (Uncle Leo)
6. Peter Clarke v Chelsea (supershrimper)
7. Freddy's 2nd at Swansea to clinch promotion (Brettie Angell)
8. Billy Best's 5 and Southend's 10 (Canveyshrimper)
9. Freddy (again) and his play-off penalty (graysblue jr)
10. That 45 minutes against Yeovil when we became Brazil (ESB)
11. Searle v Rushden? (DSLC)
12. Tes missing a penalty (good luck with this one) (Tice18)
13. Even Che scored (Mk II) (MtS)

Can't believe no-one's nominated Brett Angell v the Scum, nor any win over Col Ewe (to be fair, there are so many examples it may be difficult to pick just one)

...and no nominations yet for Mr S V Collymore.

Back