• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Battrick - FC games

BILLERICAY BLUE

Rose Tinted Brigade Member⭐⭐
Just reading on the Australian sledging, looks like there is a problem if you don't set a declaration total. It seems that if you don't put in a figure it defaults to 0 and therefore declares after the 1st over of your innings. Beware
cool.gif

its better that i suppose than batting for 3 days and ending up drawing the match at 1796-6

Well my game hasn't started yet but Nick's has and seems to be ok.

my games going great.. other than the fact i lost an early wicket. 17-0 offf two overs, now 19-1 off 3 overs
sad.gif

I think my declaration target of 650 was slightly over zealous.

On that note whats everyone else gone for Dec wise??

I went toss to bat, 1st inns - 650, second - 350.. i think that may be a bit high for a 3 day game, but its all trial and error!

im quite happy with that, ive got 50 off 9 overs, more like OD, i wonder how much thyve adjusted the match engine for FC purposes??

Ill see if i can see your games for you

I set 500, figured that should be enough to give us time to bowl them out twice. If we get that far of course.

I can't see my game yet, but Mrs BB has hers (she's in V) and she has no problems, in fact she has her oppo 16-1 off of 13 overs  
laugh.gif

Oh and I set my declaration at 380

hmmm, i figured i went too high, altho i am on 72-1 off 14 overs, so getting 650 in a day isnt impossible (if they bring on a few sh*tty bowlers and one of my more attacking bats comes in)

Thats would give me two days to bowl them out twice, however, should the make the follow-on, then i think i set ,y second inning whey too high. I think i willr educe my 1st inns to 500 next week, but then this week i have my stronggest oppo, so who knows... im sooo confused!!

I think Mrs BB has come across the re-incarnations of Geoff Boycott and Chris Tavare

End of Over 17: 16-1, runrate=0.94
Jacobs 9-4-12-1
Dunn* 4 (54 balls)
Coeries 0 (18 balls)

laugh.gif

steady does it.. where as my Boys must be KP and freddie...

End of Over 18: 102-1, runrate=5.67
Mahon 2-0-11-0
Gadd* 39 (47 balls)
Cole 53 (55 balls)

If your opposition are crap then I guess they're going to hit out anyway.

Still nothing here.

no, im away, and my run rate has suddenly dropped like stone..
sad.gif

The prospect of getting to 50 seems to have somewhat scared Gadd, still, id have taken this score at 10.30 come lunch...

The players are off the field for lunch.

End of Over 35: 165-1, runrate=4.71
Hewlett 13-1-49-1
Cole* 102 (104 balls)
Gadd 47 (103 balls)

Last Wicket: Greenacre lbw b. Hewlett 6 (FOW: 19/1)

I am at home set my first innings as 400 and my second at 350 playing mainly my reserves I bought or kept from youth pulls and am currently 236-0 off 41.

Back