• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Davros

The Whippet
i was looking at my team, and looking at the others in my league, and was thinking how it was hard to judge as a contest.

It seems most teams have gone for 4 or 5 players thats theyve trained the bollox off (2 that are 30K and then 2 or 3 that are 40-50k) and then the rest are all 6-8k players.

On the other hand i have emplyed the tactic of your not getting in my team without 10k's and a good secondary (excpet my all rounder)... see below..

Bats...

Bat/Conc

1. Superb/Strong...18.7k
2. Superb/Strong... 23.2k (Training)
3. Quality/Respect...16.7k
4. Remark/Profic....25.4k
5. Strong/Respec...13.8k (Training)

WK
bat/wk/conc

6. Strong/Strong/Resp... 18.8k (Training)

Bowlers

Bowl/Cons

7. Pro/Pro... 11.8k
8. Remark/Resp..22.8k
9. Superb/Woef..14.9k (Training)
10. Strong/Respec...12.4k
11. Pro/Pro...15.5k

what i really want to know is which tactic you think works better, as so far i've won one and lost one, both to similar 'points# teams according to that thing i was shown at the beginning of the season

Interesting one, here's my line up today, I like to think I have a reasonably all round team, this is the way my team lined up today:

1. Pro/Exc - 50.5k (qua WK)
2. Str/Com - 10.0k
3. Qua/Res - 29.0k
4. Sup/Pro - 52.8k (training)
5. Rem/Str - 29.9k
6. Sup/Res - 15.7k (training)
7. Pro/Com - 10.5k (training)
8. Med/Pro - 10.4k

Bowl:
1. Exc/Sup - 51.3k (training)
2. Rem/Qua - 52.8k
3. Rem/Qua - 32.6k
4. Qua/Str - 24.1k (training)
5. Str/Pro - 29.0 (training)

Apart from the obvious lack of batting strength we have no specific weaknesses but no high powered stars which does leave us a little short sometimes when we come up against a 100k plus leviathin.

My side has around 7-8 good players, and the others are sub-standard. However I've not had a fresh batch of trainees for a while, as I'm getting an extra level out of some players.

Next season I will probably be back in level IV, and then could have strong/proficients at the end of that season who I've trained that'd walk into one bowling slot or 2 batting.

1. Strong/Strong (Prof fitness)
2. Resp/Prof (prof)
3. Quality/Remarkable (Resp) and prof/quality
4. Resp/Prof (med)
5. Strong/Comp (prof)
6. Resp/Resp (woe)
7. Prof/Feeble (strong) and strong/superb (Training)
8. Prof/Comp (WK) (Training)

9. strong/prof (training)
10. Jackman
11. comp/prof

Got Tapp to come into the equation soon as well who is also being trained. Decided that when i get the space, Titterton will get a bowling and fitness net and Raven may also get a fielding net too.

In conclusion davros, its all about having a good team/squad, especially when the FC games start.

1. Superb/Proficient
2. Wonderful/Exceptional
3. Remarkable/Remarkable
4. Strong/Abysmal
5. Strong/Abysmal
6. Competent/Sensational (WK)
7. Respectable/Competent
8. Competent/Competent

1. Wonderful/Quality
2. Remarkable/Quality
3. Quality/Proficient
4. Quality/Quality
5. Quality/Superb

Now my next protege will be a batsman and will be replacing 4.

I have never bought a player so these are all home grown and trained up.

Medioce the least generally, but for established sides you'd want competent at least I think.

I wouldn't train anyone under respectable (or maybe high competent) unless they had great stamina, con and fielding.

I wouldn't train anyone under respectable (or maybe high competent) unless they had great stamina, con and fielding.

Ideally that'd be the case for me too, but not everyone gets two high respectable batsmen YPs in week 1 like you squire :( :cry:

1. Quality / Strong (Strong w/k) trainee
2. Respectable / Strong (a/r) trainee
3. Strong / Respectable
4. Respectable / Respectable
5. Proficient / Respectable
6. Competent / Strong
7. Proficient / Competent
8. Superb / Mediocre (a/r) training batting

1. Remarkable / Respectable (a/r)
2. Quality / Strong
3. Quality / Competent trainee
4. Proficient / Proficient or Proficient / Superb (depending on conditions)
5. Respectable / Mediocre trainee

My problem is my 5th bowler. He's being trained at the moment, but it's going to be a season and a half before he's going to be useful. I've gone to H+F pitches at home so I can try and have 1 less batter, and pick an extra bowler.

IMHO the way to go was to train up 8 or so players.

You might be able to get away with only 4 bowlers in the 4-day game, but in one-day cricket if you field one weak bowler, they can undo all the good work of the other 4, particularly in a low scoring contest.

Batting is slightly different as two batsmen can bat the majority of the 50 overs. If you only have 2 decent batsmen, you'll struggle if 1 of them goes early, so you need at least 3, preferably 4 who can regularly do the business for you.

I've still a proficient-respectable batsman in my team. Eventually he'll get replaced/trained up to the level that everyone else is, but in the meantime if he gets 25 or 30 that is a bonus and I rely on 3 or so batsmen to score the bulk of my runs.

Glenn Toulson 42184
Arthur Wise 34462
Jermain Gower 22521
Dilwar Philwokwakhe 20173
Mark Vernon 29819
Brain Ruddy 47557
Karl Hyron 10954
Karl Dodd 14988
Billy McGreal 23349
Justin Scholes 23287
Nigel Jobb 18448

My team started off with one or two stars on multiple nets until up to 20k plus and then I started to share the nets as I got more trainees. Gradually my trainees have caught them up and gone past them. I'm operating the one net per player plan at the mo but next season I'll have a lot of nets to throw at my YP's. Pulled 3 this year and got nothing over med/med. So have binned them all and am persevering with the 20/21#s that one more level. But next season I should be able to double net all my YP's or new transfers.

Back