• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Battrick Training

MrB

Life President
Looks like everything is running on time now.  1 stamina pop for me which is a bit disappointing with 6 of them training it!  Still, that player was my respectable batting YP who jumped 1,377 ability so can't complain.

Planning to stick with stamina for about 5 or 6 weeks to get everyone up to a reasonable level.

One of my 17 year olds popped to proficient batting and increased his BT rating by 1400, but most of that is probably down to his strong form, my other 17 year old (the Batting: competent/Concentration: proficient one) increased his BT rating by over 2000 but only popped to abysmal stamina.

Does that mean i have to actually look at my squad then? I wouldn't notice any pops if i tried.

Might have to jot down their stats then and see how they progress.

Very complicated though, does it tell you how to best set your players to attacking or defensive batting/bowling and what order your players should be in?

No but if it told you exactly what to do it wouldn't be much fun would it!

BTW, we're starting to get the first training estimates coming in. Appears stamina takes about 2-3 weeks for a 17yo, increasing approx one week per year and 3-4 weeks for fielding. That's based on one training slot. I would guess the increase per year is more like 0.7 or 0.8.

Well HAM tells you where a players best position is and what setting (offensive/defensive/towards middle) is best, and its still fun, just thought this might tell you the same.

True, but at the moment I don't see how a program can cater to individual wishes. Your best batsman may be destructive, some might say play him defensive at the top of the order, others would stick him in at number 5 on attacking to try to blast some runs late in the innings.

At the end of the day everyone is still learning the game, the settings in the excel sheet are only theoretical. I have a player with woeful batting and bowling and naff cons/conc but I'm informed he's one of my best batters and bowlers due to his stamina and experience. He's scored 5 runs in 4 innings!

Hmm, is stamina quite important? Coz ive got no stamina coaches
wow.gif
laugh.gif
should i just wait for close season instead of starting it all now? Also, does it cost to fire a coach? Coz when i do stamina i intend on getting rid of the others first so i dont pay 100k a week

Hmmm. I've done one player so far and i can't see my doing any more of that stuff. Might use Word and do my own version.

biggrin.gif

Talk is that in the beta version, stamina was pretty important and adds a lot to BTR.  It's obviously not as quick as HT stamina training though.

MS, yes it will cost you to fire coaches.  I just incurred a hefty penalty changing my coaches from skills to fitness.

Fair enough, i'm just narked that I'm doing quite badly.

And in the spreadsheet, which column under the skills tab shows who is the better batter/bowler? Bat Skill or Bat + and Bowl Skill, Bowl + or Bowl ++?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ July 04 2005,17:08)]Talk is that in the beta version, stamina was pretty important and adds a lot to BTR.  It's obviously not as quick as HT stamina training though.
It does state in the rules under 'players'

Stamina - A players stamina is arguably his most important attribute.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ July 04 2005,17:10)]Fair enough, i'm just narked that I'm doing quite badly.

And in the spreadsheet, which column under the skills tab shows who is the better batter/bowler? Bat Skill or Bat + and Bowl Skill, Bowl + or Bowl ++?
Believe Bowl is just their bowling rating, Bowl+ includes fielding and Bowl++ includes batting.

Oh b******s, i didnt bother with stamina training! Itll be needed for the FC games too, better do it in the close season then

I think I'll be spending the whole season on it judging by the rate of increase!

Back