• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Battrick - Week 8 pops

BILLERICAY BLUE

Rose Tinted Brigade Member⭐⭐
2 for me today, glad about Middleton's as it now means I can swap his Stamina net to a Batting net and try and get his Conc up, and then switch back to Stamina a bit later on.

Phillip Evelyn (924822)

RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A cautious player with feeble leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: BATTY SHRIMPERS
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 37,414 (+1065)
Wages: £8,709 p/w

Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: strong
Batting: remarkable Concentration: superb
Bowling: worthless Consistency: feeble
Fielding: worthless

Delroy Middleton (440539)

RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, respectable bowling form, lively
A destructive player with feeble leadership skills and feeble experience.

Plays For: BATTY SHRIMPERS
Battrick Rating: 31,695 (+1475)
Wages: £11,723 p/w

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: superb Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: remarkable Consistency: respectable
Fielding: woeful

Just the one,

10. Maqsood Neill (888145)

RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, feeble batting form, strong bowling form, lively
A cautious player with proficient leadership skills and feeble experience.

Plays For: Southend United
Battrick Rating: 16,298 (-318)
Wages: £3,458 p/w

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: superb Consistency: strong
Fielding: worthless

Nowt other than an XP pop for Askew.

Was severely tempted to make a play for that U-19 bowler this morning. Managed to resist but with Botham now four weeks from popping their could be some changes before I disappear on honeymoon.

Still undecided whether to simply upgrade Botham with a better all rounder or buy a pure bowler, sell Askew and buy a high grade WK batsman. Would mean batting down to 7 instead of 8 but then how many runs does a No. 8 really add anyway (in comparison to the runs that a top class 5th bowler would save?).

Decisions, decisions.....

Would mean batting down to 7 instead of 8 but then how many runs does a No. 8 really add anyway (in comparison to the runs that a top class 5th bowler would save?).

Decisions, decisions.....

i know what you mean, my No.8 has only got to the crease twice in the league this year, but in one of those games he had a huge part in a win, scoring 29 not out, so as you say it's a tricky decision.

Only downside is that there are so few decent level players on the list at the moment. One notable all rounder at £12m and the Aussie WK at £5m but earning £247k wages!

If nothing comes up I'll just rumble on as I am as the team should hold it's own on Level III (assuming I go up) so there's no rush.

One fielding pop

7. William Whittingham - 17 yo, BT Rating=5,685
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, strong bowling form, fresh
A defensive player with woeful leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: mediocre Concentration: worthless
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: competent

Only downside is that there are so few decent level players on the list at the moment. One notable all rounder at £12m and the Aussie WK at £5m but earning £247k wages!

If nothing comes up I'll just rumble on as I am as the team should hold it's own on Level III (assuming I go up) so there's no rush.

I get the feeling that people are either now holiding onto players for FC games, or are asking silly amounts hoping that someone will bite e.g. someone is trying to sell a player that I sold them a couple of months ago for 900k. He now has him up for 2m !! Madness.

If you are prepared to pay the wages (not 247k obviously) there have been some relative bargain W/K's about recently.

I can certainly handle a £100k p/w player, my gates are up around the 32/33k mark so plenty of money coming in. Only problem at the moment is my membership increases are slowing down a lot, I reckon I must be reaching the soft cap for Level IV. 1,960 members but only 3 joined today and I haven't had over 6 for quite a while. Need that promotion!

I know what you mean about the members B!

Nowt for me this week, but Tapp and Raven are due pop's soon as they have both been popping on exactly the same week!

:)

Nigel Job - 19 yo, BT Rating=19,898
LH Batsman, LF Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
A destructive player with strong leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: superb Consistency: superb
Fielding: feeble

and

Glenn Toulson - 20 yo, BT Rating=47,594
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
A destructive player with strong leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: superb
Batting: quality Concentration: wonderful
Bowling: woeful Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: mediocre

Toulson is very nearly my highst BTR player now.

Job's pop means I have a Quality, 2 Superb, a Strong and 2 Proficient bowlers.

just the 2 for me this week...

. Andy Fray - 19 yo, BT Rating=21,766
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, proficient bowling form, sublime
An attacking player with respectable leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: superb
Batting: strong Concentration: proficient
Bowling: worthless Consistency: mediocre

12. William James - 17 yo, BT Rating=9,149
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, feeble batting form, respectable bowling form, invigorated
A destructive player with proficient leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: mediocre Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: proficient Consistency: respectable
Fielding: abysmal

11. Mark Rennie - 17 yo, BT Rating=15,789
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, competent batting form, strong bowling form, lively
An attacking player with superb leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: respectable
Bowling: proficient Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: respectable

The needed consistency pop arrives. Could anyone please tell me what his consistency will be like when he turns 19, on bowling and 1 fielding net?

Assuming a pop every 7 weeks from now he will be competent come the end of next season.

Thanks B.

On the members point, I have 100 less than you and are in III. You'll do fine if you get promoted, if you will go up this season comfortably save up your money and improve the side then. If FC's come in, the very good players' prices could actually drop perhaps as people put quantity over quality to some extent.

You're probably right, though I will keep my eye on the market. Have £4m in the bank plus a 17yo proficient/mediocre to sell in a couple of weeks. Throw Botham and Askew's potential fees in (£10m for the pair?) and that should allow me plenty of scope in the transfer market.

Indeed, you're likely to have £15million to spend - 2 players for 7-8 million perhaps and you'll have a very, very good team.

An elite bowler has appeared on the list. Remarkably he's not even an international as his consistency is 'only' quality. £107k wages are tolerable, I'm almost tempted.....

The trouble is B, the fact his wages are manageable for many people means the transfer fee will be high.

Yep but I was thinking about selling Hot Rod and going like for like.

I won't but it doesn't stop me thinking about it.....

Bought this player last night for £2,244,000

11. Adrian Lenka (1064628)

RH Batsman, RM Bowler, proficient batting form, feeble bowling form, sublime
A defensive player with mediocre leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Southend United
Nationality: South Africa
Battrick Rating: 10,782 (-309)
Wages: £1,275 p/w

Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: strong Consistency: mediocre

Back