• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Battrick

BILLERICAY BLUE

Rose Tinted Brigade Member⭐⭐
1st a quick training question - will batting and fielding training increase stamina, or do you have to inlcude fitness as well.

Who have you all got today. I'm playing the team relegated from IV, but I'm fairly confident of a win
wink.gif

Only fitness training increases stamina.

Playing th eteam that finished 4th last year, they're probably my main challengers to the title but I've TIE'd anyway to give myself a chance in the cup.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ Jan. 20 2006,10:33)]Only fitness training increases stamina.

Playing th eteam that finished 4th last year, they're probably my main challengers to the title but I've TIE'd anyway to give myself a chance in the cup.
sad.gif

2.6 W Gibbins to Holsgrove
That's hit him above the knee-roll. Holsgrove won't be pleased with that decision.
2.5 W Gibbins to Firth
That's a great ball from Gibbins. Full and fast and straight, it hit Firth's back foot right in front of middle stump.

29-2

Not got any commentary yet!

Playing champions from last year. Going to be tight. I'm GFI but its going to shaft my fitness for my cup game and the next few weeks.

Lost another quick wicket but have recovered to 158-3.

No, as I type Maymann gets out, 164-4 but batting is starting to run out so a big total is probably out of the question. Still, it's a green pitch so fingers crossed my bowlers should do their job.

I'm in the field ....

Primitive Screwheads won the toss and elected to bat.
Pitch: Green

End of Over 32: 141-2, runrate=4.41
Crouch 6-2-17-1
George* 29 (61 balls)
Gilbert 58 (93 balls)

Last Wicket: Convey c. Rice b. Crouch 44 (FOW: 68/2)

My 2 spinners have pulled it back well on a Green track

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ Jan. 20 2006,12:15)]Lost another quick wicket but have recovered to 158-3.

No, as I type Maymann gets out, 164-4 but batting is starting to run out so a big total is probably out of the question.  Still, it's a green pitch so fingers crossed my bowlers should do their job.
WOO HOO!

My lot managed to tot up 289 in the end and we have our main challengers at 84-7 on a TIE. Could be a comfy season.....

Mine could be a good finish...

Primitive Screwheads won the toss and elected to bat.
Pitch: Green

End of Over 24: 135-0, runrate=5.63, reqrunrate=5.15 (268-7)
Hastings 2-0-6-0
Hocking* 68 (75 balls)
Lyth 57 (73 balls)

Won by 173 runs on a TIE against our main rivals. Marvellous.

9,612 in the ground, fitness up to lively. That's the season start I was after.

Bowled oppo all out for 239 and lost by a run, losing just 4 wickets. What the hell is with that?!

Nice start. Won by 10 wickets against an unknown opposition and have gone top. Should get promotion easily this season!

Kev

smile.gif

I beat last years champions but Fitness after that game and my cup game is down to fatigued.

I've got the team who finished 3rd next so can't TIE.

How badly will 'fatigued' fitness affect me? All my players fitness levels are still sublime though.

Back