• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Battrick

BILLERICAY BLUE

Rose Tinted Brigade Member⭐⭐
On a TIE again, lost the toss unfortunately, as I wanted to bat first and pile up the runs.

Primitive Screwheads won the toss and elected to bat.
Pitch: Green

End of Over 41: 160-4, runrate=3.90
Blackbourn 6-1-37-1
Southam* 1 (1 balls)
Craig m 30 (54 balls)

Last Wicket: Gilbert c. Mutasa b. Blackbourn 68 (FOW: 155/4)

End of Over 49: 198-10, runrate=4.04
Blackbourn 9-1-49-4
Larkman* 10 (11 balls)

My 50 are up made 229-6 fingers crossed my new YP can do as well as he did in the friendly sunday and the others can chip in with a wicket as well.

My opponents made a painfully slow 123 all out from 42 overs! We made it for the loss of one wicket and look destined to finish second this season which isn't bad for a first season in Level IV.

Bowled opponents for 169 on TIE, won by 9 wickets with 23 overs to spare. My opener playing very well so far this season
smile.gif
Now for the thrashing I'll get on Sunday against the side top of the whole English league structure
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Museshrimper @ May 26 2006,15:44)]Bowled opponents for 169 on TIE, won by 9 wickets with 23 overs to spare. My opener playing very well so far this season
smile.gif
Now for the thrashing I'll get on Sunday against the side top of the whole English league structure
cool.gif
I checked out his ratings - oh dear........
laugh.gif

I won by 9 wickets with 17 overs to spare, 3 out of 3 so far
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Museshrimper @ May 26 2006,15:44)]Bowled opponents for 169 on TIE, won by 9 wickets with 23 overs to spare. My opener playing very well so far this season
smile.gif
cool.gif
Never mind Muse you have an easy TIE win against me next week

Well my boys are struggling this week. Oppo all out for 233, but we're making hard work off it. Whittingham is thundering the runs in but Hagan's making real slow progress, time for a new opener I think

How many more times !

37.1 . Lyth to Bainbridge
That's hit the pad and gone flying up in the air. The batsmen start off for a run and then turn back. It's all happening now - Lyth appeals for LBW, Findlay appeals for a catch then shies at the stumps. The umpire is unmoved and, in the end, no run.

20.1 . Ellington to Bainbridge
That's hit the pad and gone flying up in the air. The batsmen start off for a run and then turn back. It's all happening now - Ellington appeals for LBW, Mackie appeals for a catch then shies at the stumps. The umpire is unmoved and, in the end, no run.

Lost by 7 Wkts  
sad.gif

At least my teams improving

Last weeks when I won
Rochford CC The Manc Tank
Top Order: feeble woeful
Middle Order: feeble woeful
Lower Order: abysmal abysmal
Seam Bowling: feeble woeful
Spin Bowling: feeble woeful
Fielding: feeble woeful

This weeks from my defeat
Park Avenue CC Rochford CC
Top Order: mediocre feeble
Middle Order: mediocre feeble
Lower Order: worthless abysmal
Seam Bowling: mediocre mediocre
Spin Bowling: feeble feeble
Fielding: mediocre feeble

Won by 10 wickets whilst TIE which i will DEFINETLY be doing for every league game. They racked up just over 110 in a very slow 48 overs and i got the runs within 17 overs.

Cup game on Sunday against Levl 3 oppo' which looks very winable!

My Cup opponents registered this:

Top Order: strong
Middle Order: woeful
Lower Order: abysmal
Seam Bowling: competent
Spin Bowling: useless
Fielding: feeble

Further analysis shows they have an 80k batsman and a 32k bowler. Judging by their experience they've both played for England U-19's however after them they have nobody above 10k. 5th round ahoy I reckon.

My opponents got this:

Black Pears
Top Order: proficient
Middle Order: competent
Lower Order: worthless
Seam Bowling: mediocre
Spin Bowling: proficient
Fielding: feeble

Should be fairly equal me reckons.

Won in the cup game by 9 wickets,

The Nutters Southend United
Top Order: superb wonderful
Middle Order: feeble competent
Lower Order: worthless abysmal
Seam Bowling: feeble competent
Spin Bowling: proficient mediocre
Fielding: feeble woeful

Surprising 10 wicket win for me. Hit 160 with Curtis getting 100 and Firth only getting 48!

ShrimperZone CC Mildert Warriors
Top Order: respectable strong
Middle Order: respectable woeful
Lower Order: abysmal abysmal
Seam Bowling: respectable competent
Spin Bowling: respectable useless
Fielding: mediocre woeful

Steady ratings.

Oh we got stuffed. Oppo 240 off of 50, us 98 off 25 or so. They have an England Under-19 spin bowler who cleared up on his spinners' pitch

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Birri @ May 28 2006,17:22)]Won my friendly and got a crowd of 5000 !
Crowds were overstated this week, you'll probably find that will be changed (hence no gate receipts so far).

Next cup game home to a Level II team so not holding out much hope.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ May 28 2006,17:53)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Birri @ May 28 2006,17:22)]Won my friendly and got a crowd of 5000 !
Crowds were overstated this week, you'll probably find that will be changed (hence no gate receipts so far).

Next cup game home to a Level II team so not holding out much hope.
Thought it was a bit strange

Back