• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Thanks. Need to spread rep first.

120 shots in 67 games isn't a lot, less than 2 a game and scoring 37 from 120 shots in pretty good too and I doubt there are many Premiership strikers who have a better rate than that.

The 120 are league only so its in 56 games and scoring 27 goals making it less than 1 goal in 4 attempts. I am not really complaining about the goal tally, I just feel he will bring more to the side if his assists increased and I feel with his natural attributes he should be higher in the assists chart.

I am not suggesting goals are all we want from him, in fact it was the lack of assists I expressed disappointment in. And yes he does hold up play, there are a lot of players that can hold up play, but I would like to see more come from his possession in order for him to earn the 'legend' title which for me is unduly attributed.

I take your point in general, he is a likeable player with a great work ethic, but he is not a superhero.

But things could be so much worse...Graeme Jones could "hold up play".

The guy is pure banter, loves the club and the fans and always gives you maximum effort. He must be a great asset to the changing room and I reckon morale would certainly suffer without him. He offers so much in different ways that sometimes you don't realise how much he is giving the team as in his own words "strikers are judged on goals". Chuffed that he stayed and as Shrimper2thecore mentioned, he showed loyalty to us which in itself is rare these days, especially when the easiest option was surely to jump ship and increase his wage packet. I love you Barry :Worthy:

You bunch of sycophants!!! :winking: Are you saying that Barry is better than Freddy?!!! :omg:

I was pleased for Mr Corr scoring his 2 goals and maybe could have had a couple more but hey-ho we still won......I was more pleased with a good overall team performance and just hope it continues on Tuesday aginst the local Sunday Morning Pub Team

You bunch of sycophants!!! :winking: Are you saying that Barry is better than Freddy?!!! :omg:

No, because that would be blasphemy.

You have think with two of the greatest strikers in the world we would have scored more goals :smile:

27 goals in 56 games (league) and only 4 assists.

Just because he only has 4 assists doesn't mean he wasn't involved in creating more goals. I'm not saying you can't see that but you do seem a little obsessed with his number of assists and that's a narrow way of looking at things.

Legend? Really? I mean REALLY. Lower League journeyman elevated to legend status. Jesus wept. Next up, Barry Conlon, footballing genius.

Just because he only has 4 assists doesn't mean he wasn't involved in creating more goals. I'm not saying you can't see that but you do seem a little obsessed with his number of assists and that's a narrow way of looking at things.

I am sure he, like others, have been involved in play that has led to a goal. I am glad he helps at the back. I am perfectly happy with his overall goal return. I am not obsessed with his assists or any other part of his game but I am sure if he could nudge the stats upward on assists he would be nearly the player so many seem to think he already is and may even play a part in a higher division should we gain promotion.

Legend? Really? I mean REALLY. Lower League journeyman elevated to legend status. Jesus wept. Next up, Barry Conlon, footballing genius.

Barry Conlon was **** though. Barry Corr is a genuine legend.

I can give no greater compliment than say that yesterday I created an ultimate SUFC squad for Worms 3 on the iPad and BBBC was the first name on the team-sheet.

Barry Conlon was shot though.

Barry Corr is a genuine legend.

So in 20 years time when people recall Freddy's goal v ManUre, Benji smacking the ball in the Bury net, Roget launching Gabbiadini in the air, Collymore single-handedly taking apart teams to keep us in div 1 there'll be someone saying, "Oh and don't forget the way BBBC held the ball up, legend".

Passionate journeyman footballer at best. Legend, do me a lemon.

Anyone who spends 17 months out injured and comes back and scores on his return is an instant Southend legend.

So in 20 years time when people recall Freddy's goal v ManUre, Benji smacking the ball in the Bury net, Roget launching Gabbiadini in the air, Collymore single-handedly taking apart teams to keep us in div 1 there'll be someone saying, "Oh and don't forget the way BBBC held the ball up, legend".

Roget? Really?

Anyone who spends 17 months out injured and comes back and scores on his return is an instant Southend legend.

Not to mention his goals keeping us out of trouble in Sturrock's first season. And then taking us to Wembley for the first time ever.

He has scored plenty of goals as well, more than any other striker in the last few years.

I struggle to see where BBBC fits in here. Does shinning the odd goal, having a toblerone shaped head (half of his direct headers could clear the South Upper) or being a bit nudgy-nudgy with defenders class you as a "legend"?
legend-definition.jpg

Back