• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I am sure he, like others, have been involved in play that has led to a goal. I am glad he helps at the back. I am perfectly happy with his overall goal return. I am not obsessed with his assists or any other part of his game but I am sure if he could nudge the stats upward on assists he would be nearly the player so many seem to think he already is and may even play a part in a higher division should we gain promotion.

Corr scored 4 goals in 5 starts against League One opposition last season.

He has scored plenty of goals as well, more than any other striker in the last few years.

I'm not saying he's crap, far from it. But the way the word "legend" gets thrown around these days is just silly. Next up Ben Clarkson's a legend cos he don't half run fast for a fat man. See my point?

I'm not saying he's crap, far from it. But the way the word "legend" gets thrown around these days is just silly. Next up Ben Clarkson's a legend cos he don't half run fast for a fat man. See my point?

Nope. Who else in the current squad (Fred aside), or since the end of the Tilson era, is held in the same regard?

So in 20 years time when people recall Freddy's goal v ManUre, Benji smacking the ball in the Bury net, Roget launching Gabbiadini in the air, Collymore single-handedly taking apart teams to keep us in div 1 there'll be someone saying, "Oh and don't forget the way BBBC held the ball up, legend".

Passionate journeyman footballer at best. Legend, do me a lemon.

Call up the football dictionary and rename the term "journeyman" to being at a club for over 4 seasons. This term is used so often without people even thinking about what an actual journeyman is. If we start calling players "journeymen" for having more than 3 clubs, then I guess 95% of players are journeymen.

As for him being a legend, most likely a cult hero at the moment but who knows what will happen for the rest of his career here.

Nope. Who else in the current squad (Fred aside), or since the end of the Tilson era, is held in the same regard?

Not really anyone. They're lower league footballers, if I wanted to watch "legends" I'll put on "The Best of Pele" or something. I'm watching hard working lower league footballers, if they were legends they'd be picked up and playing for £50,000 a week due to their "extraordinary talents".

Not really anyone. They're lower league footballers, if I wanted to watch "legends" I'll put on "The Best of Pele" or something. I'm watching hard working lower league footballers, if they were legends they'd be picked up and playing for £50,000 a week due to their "extraordinary talents".

Or a semi-pro boxer?

So we cant have legends because they arent good enough to play in the 1970 Brazil team ?

Yet Ian Benjamin is a legend?

You dont have to be a world class player to be regarded as a legend at a small club like ours.

I don't think a player's level of ability should directly factor into their legendary status. I'd consider Kevin Maher to be a bit of an SUFC legend and he was extraordinarily mediocre. Adam Barrett is a legend but he was never the best defender in the World. Tilly was voted Player of the Millennium in the Echo and he spent half of his career on the bench.

Of course in Barry Corr we have a legend who is also one of the best goalscoring targetmen in the Football League. But if anyone was going to buck the trend it would be BBBC.

So we cant have legends because they arent good enough to play in the 1970 Brazil team ?

Yet Ian Benjamin is a legend?

You dont have to be a world class player to be regarded as a legend at a small club like ours.

True, yes, but BBBC isn't going to be the first name to roll off people's tongues in 20 years time, that's my point. Top of mind mentions, hardly, prompted mention, people would be like "oh yeah, he was alright". He's not a legend. Love the guy for coming back from an horrific injury and doing so well, but he's not a SUFC legend (yet). My point is more that he's not done anything extraordinary - he's just done his job (well I will add).

Freddy in his first spell pulled up trees, that's what I would class as legendary, we all walked around with stiffys thanks to him. Much the same as Stan, further back down the pitch Prior, Barrett, King Kev, they're there or thereabouts, we'll have places for them in our hearts.

I just don't see it with BBBC - yet! I just don't think it's worth shooting our load yet over him.

Anyway, stiffys and shooting loads aside... :-)

All I know is over the last 3 years there have been a handful of players who Ive actually been excited to watch and Corr is one of them.

True, yes, but BBBC isn't going to be the first name to roll off people's tongues in 20 years time, that's my point. Top of mind mentions, hardly, prompted mention, people would be like "oh yeah, he was alright". He's not a legend. Love the guy for coming back from an horrific injury and doing so well, but he's not a SUFC legend (yet). My point is more that he's not done anything extraordinary - he's just done his job (well I will add).

Freddy in his first spell pulled up trees, that's what I would class as legendary, we all walked around with stiffys thanks to him. Much the same as Stan, further back down the pitch Prior, Barrett, King Kev, they're there or thereabouts, we'll have places for them in our hearts.

I just don't see it with BBBC - yet! I just don't think it's worth shooting our load yet over him.

Anyway, stiffys and shooting loads aside... :-)

Since the regrettable advent of the EPL we've only had three players score 20 goals in a season. Yes, Freddy did it twice, but the only other players are Leon Constantine (whose game offered nothing else) and BBBC.

Players who never scored 20 goals in a season for us include the likes of Stanley, Barnard, Otto, Benji, Goater, Tommy Mooney, Tes Bramble.

All I know is over the last 3 years there have been a handful of players who Ive actually been excited to watch and Corr is one of them.

Since the regrettable advent of the EPL we've only had three players score 20 goals in a season. Yes, Freddy did it twice, but the only other players are Leon Constantine (whose game offered nothing else) and BBBC.

Players who never scored 20 goals in a season for us include the likes of Stanley, Barnard, Otto, Benji, Goater, Tommy Mooney, Tes Bramble.

Whilst Corr has been a good player for us I would never say he has excited me. He's effective but unspectacular.

Otto was spectacular but it's hardly fair comparing his scoring records to strikers.

Thank you Museshrimper for the red card for my contribution to this thread. Its all about opinion and for you to react that way is in the realm of pathetic. But never mind because my opinion still stands and so does your right to be a pillock.

Whilst Corr has been a good player for us I would never say he has excited me. He's effective but unspectacular.

Otto was spectacular but it's hardly fair comparing his scoring records to strikers.

He doesnt excite in a skillful way ie running with the ball etc, but he scores goals and is good on the ball. He has a habit of turning up when we really need him and is passionate and committed.

I love having him in the side and Id suggest anyone who doesnt takes a real good long hard at their lives and realise they are completely wrong on this one. :smile:

So Museshrimper reds me for my opinion and Pubey and Jam man red me for being disappointed about the childish red. Red me again. Ban me. Do what the crap you like because I can barely believe the infantile behaviour from the three named. I moaned about a red that was given by a person being a pathetic twit and Pubey and Jam Man prove they are of the same ilk. Good luck with this forum. SZ is good but would be better without the juveniles.

Back