• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
Great to see Corr:Worthy: restored as the focal point of our attack.

It's no coincidence that him being belatedly restored to the line-up has seen us improve.

Some stats for you:

Games the legend that is Barry Corr:Worthy: starts
W 6 D 2 L 2*
Games the legend that is Barry Corr:Worthy: is stupidly left-out of the starting line-up
W 0 D 0 L 4

*subbed on 53 minutes and subbed with game at 1-1

#barnabluegetsitwrongagain

The bloke is an absolute hero and they are really interesting stats. I don't know why everyone loves him so much but I can't help feel the same. I bet fans of the other clubs he has been out are in shock that we love him so much.

Don't know about you but I think that the majority of us will support a guy who gives 100% all the time even if he isn't blessed with greatest skills in the world.
And that's what I see when I watch him.None stop effort - real passion for the cause- and never say die spirit.
Good for him.

Add to that we have scored in every game he has started, and failed to score in 2 of the 4 games he didn't start.

:Worthy:

Don't know about you but I think that the majority of us will support a guy who gives 100% all the time even if he isn't blessed with greatest skills in the world.
And that's what I see when I watch him.None stop effort - real passion for the cause- and never say die spirit.
Good for him.

He is the Best player outside of the premier league the world has ever seen..

I still don't get why people think he's not technically great. He's quality with his back to goal, he has soft feet and the ability to find a pass. He's deadly in the air, and while not the best finisher from the deck, he still scores goals.

Always give his all, he makes a huge impact in games and actually scores a fair few for a big/target man.

What really appeals for me is the way he bounced back from that career threatening injury - oh and his celebrations down Chameleon post Orient second leg - top man!!!!

:Worthy:

It needs to be put into context. He has played 12 games, scored 3 goals from 15 shots and only managed 1 assist. I might be churlish but if that man could do what I expect from a man of his height up front and assist more then yes he would be a valuable player. As it is I feel we could get a better return by putting more of the play through other people.

It needs to be put into context. He has played 12 games, scored 3 goals from 15 shots and only managed 1 assist. I might be churlish but if that man could do what I expect from a man of his height up front and assist more then yes he would be a valuable player. As it is I feel we could get a better return by putting more of the play through other people.

Why havent we then ?

Barry Corr is far more than goals, his hold up play was sorely missed when he was left out.

The turnaround in form is not down to Barry Corr, but he is certainly a big part of the side.

Why havent we then ?

Barry Corr is far more than goals, his hold up play was sorely missed when he was left out.

The turnaround in form is not down to Barry Corr, but he is certainly a big part of the side.

I am not suggesting goals are all we want from him, in fact it was the lack of assists I expressed disappointment in. And yes he does hold up play, there are a lot of players that can hold up play, but I would like to see more come from his possession in order for him to earn the 'legend' title which for me is unduly attributed.

Add in the defensive side of his game - especially from set pieces.

Tried to look at his games to goals for us on SUFCDB - not sure it's been updated? Does anyone know it? Must be about 35/40 goals in 100 odd games.

Add in the defensive side of his game - especially from set pieces.

Tried to look at his games to goals for us on SUFCDB - not sure it's been updated? Does anyone know it? Must be about 35/40 goals in 100 odd games.

27 goals in 56 games (league) and only 4 assists.

Despite a goalscoring record of 37 goals in 65 starts for Southend, goals are a rather small part of the overall package that Corr offers us.

You want some context: we've only conceded five goals in all the time he's been on the pitch this season - compared to 11 goals when he hasn't been on the pitch. That's not just because of his aerial ability defending set pieces, but as much to do with his ability to retain possession that provides relief for the defence. He's our best hold-up player since Benji and an absolutely critical player in our team.

Despite a goalscoring record of 37 goals in 65 starts for Southend, goals are a rather small part of the overall package that Corr offers us.

You want some context: we've only conceded five goals in all the time he's been on the pitch this season - compared to 11 goals when he hasn't been on the pitch. That's not just because of his aerial ability defending set pieces, but as much to do with his ability to retain possession that provides relief for the defence. He's our best hold-up player since Benji and an absolutely critical player in our team.

As it stands he is performing additional defensive duties but hopefully that will not continue once laird returns and then he can focus more on the forward role. What I want to see though is an increase in assists. He has had 120 shots to get his goal return and I have to wonder how many more goals we may have scored as a team had he chosen to pass rather than shoot on so many occasions. Thats what I want a target/hold up player to do.

If we want to get out of this league we will need to be more than one dimensional. The opposition needs to wonder where the goal/shot threat comes from in our side and at moment most teams know precisely where it will come from. We will meet better defenders/ better organised defences and that will severely reduce the impact of BC up front and we need to do more than rely on him alone.

Just my opinion of course and I am glad some on here have an idol.

Out of curiousity, where are you getting the number of shots from?

Back