• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BBC BREAKING NEW! F1 Investigating..

he'll be ok i reckon. what he did was nothing unusual and vettel said

"At that point (of the crash) I was distracted, looking to the right. I was sure he (Hamilton) was retiring, he seemed to have no power any longer, but by the time I looked back I was already in Mark's rear end."

which seems to show that he was distracted and caused the crash... just because hamilton was drifting about and braking and accelerating (like all of the drivers) doesnt excuse Vittel for not looking infront of him!

That is utter B***s**t and sour grapes by 2 drivers who failed to finish the race and take advantage of lots of top drivers not finishing either.

That is utter B***s**t and sour grapes by 2 drivers who failed to finish the race and take advantage of lots of top drivers not finishing either.

i can understand why webber was so annoyed, but i agree, for both of them to blame hamilton is harsh.. vettel should have been looking where he was going and not a hamilton ahead of webber

Total sour grapes. .... F1 used to be @rse-achingly boring, now Lewis has re-invigorated it.

These whingers show how many nobbers there are in F1: Alonso, I'm talking to you!

I wouldn't be surprised if the FIA upheld this one as it's a McLaren involved. However, Vettel has no cause for complaint. If he was not looking where he was going then he should not expect anyone to be punished for the incident but himself.

F1 spin machine in action.. any publicity and all that.. Probably hoping to up the viewing figures for the Chinese grand prix

As race leader, Lewis is entitled to take whatever line and speed he wishes. It is entirely up to the others following him to ensure they stay on-track, whether it's the during the race or when the safety car is out.

It was purely lack of concentration of Vettel's part, nothing more, nothing less. A rookie error which is fair enough. What has compounded it is that Red Bull and Toro Rosso are owned and run by the same people. They've obviously concocted the story to save their own backsides having taken each other out of the race.

I also found it highly amusing to note that Ferrari are saying now that Lewis has to thank them for winning the title if he does it because of the leaked 780 page document from Nigel Stepney of Ferrari to Mike Coghlan of McLaren. On the contrary, it proves that in a straight contest between 4 of the fastest and evenly matched cars and drivers, Lewis is the better than all of them.

Hamilton would be the worthiest of champions after all that has happened this year. He will also dominate the F1 scene for the next decade.

Take that piccy down GS ..that would give children nightmares ..:finger: :p

It's also interesting to note that Mark Webber commented "Lewis did a great job in the race and deserved to win it."

Sebastian Vettel, more tellingly, added "It was my fault, but it is clear the rhythm was not there. We are all sitting in the same boat. At that point (of the crash) I was distracted, looking to the right.

I was sure Hamilton was retiring, he seemed to have no power any longer, but by the time I looked back, I was already in Mark's rear end."

Race official Charlie Whiting saw no need to investigate Lewis' actions during the race, which is noramlly looked into minutes after an incident, and a penalty meted out to the driver on-track, normally a drive-through penalty.

Just a bit of sabre rattling by some unable to accept that a rookie has come along and shown a moribund bunch of drivers how it's done post-Schumacher.

Back