• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BBC Charter renewal

Why don't the Tories **** off and leave the BBC alone. It's a piddling cost for a great service. Before anyone starts banging on how "left-wing" it is, I remind you of all the bowing & scraping it does to the Royal Family.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-36259237

"Close the so-called iPlayer loophole. Currently, viewers who do not watch live television are able to
consume BBC content for free online via catch-up services, but in future all viewers will have to pay the licence fee regardless of the platform they are using."

Good luck with that lads.

Good luck indeed, but it ought to be addressed somehow. Should add, I'm more than happy to pay the Licence Fee. Tremendous value.

Why don't the Tories **** off and leave the BBC alone. It's a piddling cost for a great service. Before anyone starts banging on how "left-wing" it is, I remind you of all the bowing & scraping it does to the Royal Family.

Left wingers say the BBC is too right wing.

Right wingers say the BBC is too left wing.

If they are both annoyed it is probably doing something right.

I love the BBC.

Good luck indeed, but it ought to be addressed somehow. Should add, I'm more than happy to pay the Licence Fee. Tremendous value.

Left wingers say the BBC is too right wing.

Right wingers say the BBC is too left wing.

If they are both annoyed it is probably doing something right.

I love the BBC.

Same here mate, from BBC1 to CBeebies, Radios 5 & 6. Which other corporation would give you such genius as Hey Duggee or Sarah & Duck?

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-36259237

"Close the so-called iPlayer loophole. Currently, viewers who do not watch live television are able to
consume BBC content for free online via catch-up services, but in future all viewers will have to pay the licence fee regardless of the platform they are using."

Good luck with that lads.

Barna Blue the tax dodger.

It's not that small a cost for those on the breadline.

The licence fee needs reforming. It's a regressive tax.

I'm not sure how it should be reformed, other than pensioners and those living abroad need to pay full whack.

Barna Blue the tax dodger.

It's not that small a cost for those on the breadline.

The licence fee needs reforming. It's a regressive tax.

I'm not sure how it should be reformed, other than pensioners and those living abroad need to pay full whack.

I can see the snake like grin from here.

I would like a clear out of the private school/Oxbridge crowd starting with Mel, Sue and Stephen Fry.

Back