• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

"However, when they're out there they are swimming in a market that's unprotected as far as we're concerned."

:stunned:

I think this is a statement to say, its all good and well wanting to leave, but the player market is saturated with a lot of players also available. When you leave you dont have the guarantee of getting a job and your on your own.

He is off, only things likely that will keep him is an improved and extended contract with a buy out clause and a hefty play and points bonus: but if he gets that the negotiating with the rest of the squad will be doubly hard.
The "home sick" stuff is soft/lame and not the main unsettling problem.

I hate the way that Phil Brown felt the need to make our club look even more farcical.

"When I came into the club there were no real match reports, no player reports, no history of any sort of scouting network or mechanism,"

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]He must be over exaggerating surely? [/FONT]

I hate the way that Phil Brown felt the need to make our club look even more farcical.

"When I came into the club there were no real match reports, no player reports, no history of any sort of scouting network or mechanism,"

He must be over exaggerating surely?
Might be that the old manager took the records with him. I would have done so if I had been treated as he was!

So who were the good players that the real match reports, the player reports, the history of sorts of scouting network and mechanism that he put in place at Derby County, Bolton and Hull produced?

Because he spent £20m and not one of those players has fetched a transfer fee or made 100 appearances for any of those three clubs.

With regards to player and opposition scouting, I believe that the club 'buy in' scouting reports on occasions. I wouldn't call that a scouting network either.

"When I came into the club there were no real match reports, no player reports,

Well if he had signed up on here he could have read all the match reports and player reports he liked and then maybe just maybe he wouldn't have played Moshni in centre bloody midfield and help **** up our first ever trip to the wembley!

I was under the impression that the Trust donated £1000 to the club to purchase a system for match reports and player performances.

Perhaps someone from the Trust could give more info.

He must be over exaggerating surely?

He is over exaggerating, and it's not needed. The club spent a lot of time when Tara and Luggy were here doing detailed analysis on each game, and the technical elements of them - each player was rated on progression gained from each of their contributions to the game, I can't believe that that has all been abandoned. He's trying to make out that he's our 'Special One' sweeping in from on high to give us the benefit of his wonderful 'premiership' experience. Great. Thanks, we're so grateful down here in the gutter. And as for no scouting network - Mohsni, Hall, Sean? Yeah, the club clearly has no idea how to unearth a good player in recent history.

He is over exaggerating, and it's not needed. The club spent a lot of time when Tara and Luggy were here doing detailed analysis on each game, and the technical elements of them - each player was rated on progression gained from each of their contributions to the game, I can't believe that that has all been abandoned. He's trying to make out that he's our 'Special One' sweeping in from on high to give us the benefit of his wonderful 'premiership' experience. Great. Thanks, we're so grateful down here in the gutter. And as for no scouting network - Mohsni, Hall, Sean? Yeah, the club clearly has no idea how to unearth a good player in recent history.

You're talking about analysis of our own players. Which you're right, Luggy did thay extensively. What Brown is talking about is scouting and analysis of players at other clubs and potentially other countries. And he's right. The club haven't employed a scout since Allan Gemmill who left when Tilson did. I'm not even sure he was directly employed by the club, I believe he was but if he wasn't then you have to go back even further to Mark Stow in 2008. Sturrock used a couple of reasonable contacts but he also used agents. Mohsni's agent approached Sturrock and Tommy Widdrington recommended Hall and Clohessy when he joined as Sturrock's Assistant. Brown wants to employ someone to go and watch football matches on Southend's exclusive behalf and to watch videos of other players to analyse them and unearth some good'uns. It sounds very professional and if it's affordable then I'm all for it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Great post James the super blue, and if thats the case then im all for it,People here been saying how there is some good players playing in the Essex Leagues that should be looked at ,thats what a scout does looks and reports on their potential.

Back