• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BBC Essex Petition at Match v Peterborough

Shrimperstrust

Supporting SUFC
After discussions at last night's Trust Committee Meeting it was decided that due to the current stance being held by BBC Essex and in particular Gerald Main regarding the removal of Full Away Match Commentary from their Saturday Afternoon programming that we will be starting a written petition at the Game on Saturday v Peterborough.

And we are looking for Volunteers to help collect the signatures.

For further details click here.

I don't think I could get down there that early, but if it's any help later......

Come on guys, I don't know what the response has been like, but this is important for football fans!

where will you be collecting the signatures just out of interest???

No-one came back to me to say if later is ok? Can be there for about 1ish - am NOT doing the whole ground though! I know the Spread pre-match is a big attraction but this is important!

Yep 1 ish will be fine, although earlier would be better if poss.

It is hoped with enough volunteers that we will be able to collect signatures at every turnstyle. Copies will also be in all the Bars & in the Spread.

It is hoped with enough volunteers that we will be able to collect signatures at every turnstyle. Copies will also be in all the Bars & in the Spread.
I can't help, but i'll definately sign the petition on saturday!

i have sent an e-mail to shrimpers trust but had no reply, i assume they don't want my help!

Guys, my son's said he'll help out too, but as he's only just 16, we'd best do the same area - if that's ok. Any more volunteers?

Are there anymore volunteers out there, considering the response to the original posts & the online petition we would of thought that more than just 3 people would want to help :thumbdown:.

Do we have enough with non Zoners from the Trust or is this going to be a complete waste of time?

In fact, just had a thought, if there's so few of us, might it not be better to give out slips (or attach to seats in ground somehow) that can be filled in and stuck in receptacles on the way out? That way people who've already signed don't need to do anything, and we should catch more people than otherwise might be possible.

In fact, just had a thought, if there's so few of us, might it not be better to give out slips (or attach to seats in ground somehow) that can be filled in and stuck in receptacles on the way out? That way people who've already signed don't need to do anything, and we should catch more people than otherwise might be possible.

Kay,

We wouldn't have time to set that up, and anyway the Petition Forms are now printed.

We will have to go with what we have got. It's just a shame that out of over 1900 members of the SZ Community only 3 have volunteered. Makes you wonder how many are actually bothered if we lose the Away Match Commentary.

This will have BBC Essex quaking in their boots :'(

Kay,

We wouldn't have time to set that up, and anyway the Petition Forms are now printed.

We will have to go with what we have got. It's just a shame that out of over 1900 members of the SZ Community only 3 have volunteered. Makes you wonder how many are actually bothered if we lose the Away Match Commentary.

This will have BBC Essex quaking in their boots :'(

I guess we could see about putting them on the counters at the food outlets ins ide the ground couldn't we? It's just with so few I can see lots of people being missed. Can't we rope in the Bluebelles as they go round with the draw tickets too?

Back