• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CC51DAS

President
Just saw this on the BBC Essex Website - hopefully it means we'll have to endure a bit less of the drivel Neil Kelly talks.

Apparently this has come about following an audience survey which suggested the Col Ewe matches attracted less than 100 listeners

"Until the end of the 2016/7 season, join BBC Essex Sport every Saturday afternoon from 2pm for exclusive live commentary of every
Southend and Colchester United game. Plus updates from other sporting fixtures around Essex.

Between April and September we'll also have exclusive cricket commentary of every ball, run and wicket of Essex County Cricket Club in the county championship, Twenty 20 and 50 over competitions.

You can listen to each game through our website - www.bbc.co.uk/essex - along with a few which you'll be able to hear on the radio itself.

However BBC Essex Sport regrets to announce that due to budgetary changes, from the start of the 2017/8 season, coverage of Colchester United's matches will be restricted to our website where Neil Kelly will continue to bring you live updates and all the news of the U’s.

Coverage of Southend matches will remain unaffected."

A source close to BBC Essex has revealed that one farmer has already complained as he is used to playing the commentary to his six pigs for its 'soporific effects'.

It is not known whether the pigs were included in the 'less than one hundred' listeners

Ha ha, I wonder what the date is today!

Seriously though it does annoy me that they always start off with Col U and we are always second.

:hilarious:Brilliant news!

But a quality wind up! :clap:

... Leyton Orient will be playing Division one football next year and Col Ewe will be in the champions league by 2021.

Good one! C'est le premiere d'Avril, n'est pas?

Are your from Kent?.... Perhaps Dover?

I Normally have some English banter from the "home counties".. but I think considering your language, you are Phil's official northern translator! :smile:

Good one! C'est le premiere d'Avril, n'est pas?

Uuh Mince !!! - They got me

but maybe not a Col Ewe fan known proudly as 'Colchester and Deaf' who has tweeted " It won't make a blind bit of difference to me"

Never mind dumb and deaf!

They only have 3 fingers on two hands... there's no way they can text :smile:

Never mind dumb and deaf!

They only have 3 fingers on two hands... there's no way they can text :smile:

That's just not true, we already proved that, hands and feet.

images
images

My own long departed father was born deaf and dumb. I take great exception to this term being associated with Col Ewe supporters. As if he would have ever supported CU !! His dumb was mute not dumb as in stupid!

Back