• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Napster

No ⭐
A new email after AS has been in touch with Controller of Five Live

Dear David,

Your recent note to Adrian Van-Klaveren (Controller of Radio 5 Live) which has been passed to me for reply.

Firstly, thank you very much for your email, comments and feedback. Although I have already replied to an earlier note sent directly to me, may I once again outline our thinking ahead of the new season.

BBC Essex will continue to give full coverage to Southend Unt and Colchester Unt's games and, I believe, we will be the only radio station to guarantee to have a reporter at every competitive game. There will still be live commentary as a key part of our sports output. There will be games where we offer live commentary of the full match, others where we offer second half commentary and some will be covered by reports and goal flashes.

This flexibility will allow us to make week by week editorial decisions and prioritise our sports coverage rather than simply being a slave to the fixture list. There were several occasions last season when we were committed to covering a side's away game when the bigger local sports story was elsewhere.

Costs are not really at the heart of the decision to make changes. Our total investment in football will remain pretty much the same level as last year, but the way we spend the money will give us better value for money. These are editorial decisions aimed at providing more exciting coverage and attracting a bigger local audience for a local sports programme.

More information via the link below, but do listen to the new shows and let us have your feedback once you've had a chance to listen for few weeks.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/essex/content/articles/2008/07/22/new_footie_season_feature.shtml

Thanks again for your email.

Regards,

Gerald Main
Editor - BBC Essex

Isn't it about time this Gerald Main bloke took his head out from his :censored:, admit he has made a mistake in cutting the live commentries, re-instate them, and then get on with rescheduling the live commentary on the South Fambridge Annual Flower Show :darkcloud:

All BBC Essex are doing are responding to everybody with the same response, albeit worded differently

Isn't it about time this Gerald Main bloke took his head out from his :censored:, admit he has made a mistake in cutting the live commentries, re-instate them, and then get on with rescheduling the live commentary on the South Fambridge Annual Flower Show :darkcloud:

All BBC Essex are doing are responding to everybody with the same response, albeit worded differently

OI that shows a cracker

As I type this the Trust's Chairman is sitting by his phone waiting for a promised phone call from the man himself, Mr. Gerald Main.

We await with great anticipation the content of this call ;)

More information via the link below, but do listen to the new shows and let us have your feedback once you've had a chance to listen for few weeks.
They simply don't get it do they.

WITHOUT GUARANTEED LIVE COMMENTARY ON SUFC WE WON'T BE FECKING LISTENING TO YOUR SODDING RADIO STATION! :headbang: :stupidyou:

BBC Essex will continue to give full coverage to Southend Unt and Colchester Unt's games and, I believe, we will be the only radio station to guarantee to have a reporter at every competitive game.

Only people who know nothing about football would abbreviate UNITED as Unt and not Utd.

On the plus side Roger Buxton is retiring from BBC Essex today. Apart from the fact that it makes me realise I'm getting old I'm glad to see the back of him. For a so-called sports enthusiast his lack of knowledge and embarassing inability to pronounce names of major stars really gets on my thrupennies.

Keep up the campaign on the commentary. Though it is not my cup of tea (prefer Sky 405) the naivety of the first decision and the unwillingness to swallow pride shows contempt beyond belief. The trouble is does the loss of a few thousand listeners have any material impact on the BBC ? Is it measured in the same way as INDEPENDENT STATIONS ?

Nothing from us either - I think we are still waiting for that phone call !!!!

Well, I hope the Chairman isn't still sitting by the phone!

I did think it was a bit hopeful that Mr Main would be eager to speak with any of the collective "us" in the circumstances.

No more news on MPs at all?

Back