• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zone Update BBC Essex

Napster

No ⭐
A reply from BBC Complaints

Dear Mr N,

Thanks for email which trust have passed to us as the Trust is not involved in day to day decisions about the BBC's output

We note your continuing unhappiness regarding this matter and that you have started a petition.

As a public service broadcaster with limited resources and tight budgets, especially at a local level, we are not always able to provide every service that every listener would like.

On the subject of the wording of your Online Petition, I would point out that the TV Licence fee is the charge for a legal permission to install and use a television receiver and does not grant the payee any editorial or financial control over decisions made by the BBC on behalf of all audiences.

However I do appreciate your concerns at the lack of coverage and I'd like to assure you that I've registered your complaint on our audience log. This is a daily report of audience feedback that's circulated to many BBC staff, including members of the BBC Executive Board, channel controllers and other senior managers. The audience logs are seen as important documents that can help shape decisions about future programming and content and all feedback we receive, whether positive or negative, is always appreciated.

We are committed to developing better links with you, our audience, to further enhance our understanding of your viewing and listening needs and so thanks once again for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention.

Regards

Sean Moss
BBC Complaints

A reply from BBC Complaints

Dear Mr N,

Thanks for email which trust have passed to us as the Trust is not involved in day to day decisions about the BBC's output

We note your continuing unhappiness regarding this matter and that you have started a petition.

As a public service broadcaster with limited resources and tight budgets, especially at a local level, we are not always able to provide every service that every listener would like.

On the subject of the wording of your Online Petition, I would point out that the TV Licence fee is the charge for a legal permission to install and use a television receiver and does not grant the payee any editorial or financial control over decisions made by the BBC on behalf of all audiences.

However I do appreciate your concerns at the lack of coverage and I'd like to assure you that I've registered your complaint on our audience log. This is a daily report of audience feedback that's circulated to many BBC staff, including members of the BBC Executive Board, channel controllers and other senior managers. The audience logs are seen as important documents that can help shape decisions about future programming and content and all feedback we receive, whether positive or negative, is always appreciated.

We are committed to developing better links with you, our audience, to further enhance our understanding of your viewing and listening needs and so thanks once again for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention.

Regards

Sean Moss
BBC Complaints

Suggest a polite reply:-

Thank you for your letter, which is in identical terms to those received by others and with respect this does not offer a solution to the problem.

Would you please refer our group/class complaint to someone in greater seniority for an investigation into our complaint, in order that a proper and full response can be made in other than standard format.

Anyone else hear BBC Norfolk and Suffolk are in dispute over duplicating areas for their match day commentaries?

All we can do is keep plodding away, keep badgering the local politicians and promoting the petition.

Can I suggest attaching a copy of your next letter to OFCOM, and include all previous correspondence. The BBC think they're a law unto themselves and doing this might at least get the attention of someone more senior.

Can I suggest attaching a copy of your next letter to OFCOM, and include all previous correspondence. The BBC think they're a law unto themselves and doing this might at least get the attention of someone more senior.

Superb idea. Def agree this is another direction to move along.

Can I just ask something chaps? If you are a UK resident, you can listen to any of the local BBC radio stations across Britain online. So if we were playing Carlisle away, can't you just log onto BBC for that area for free instead of paying for Blues World and listen to the match that way?

I realise it's not as convenient as sitting out in the garden on a sunny day with the radio on, but better than nothing surely

Can I just ask something chaps? If you are a UK resident, you can listen to any of the local BBC radio stations across Britain online. So if we were playing Carlisle away, can't you just log onto BBC for that area for free instead of paying for Blues World and listen to the match that way?

I realise it's not as convenient as sitting out in the garden on a sunny day with the radio on, but better than nothing surely

Stevie GG, Flying Scotsman and I can testify that BBC Cumbria tranmsit the whole game, having got to Carlisle at 09.15 ended up a Kwik Fit listening in to first half having got a flat tyre after leaving the PH on way to ground, last season

Stevie GG, Flying Scotsman and I can testify that BBC Cumbria tranmsit the whole game, having got to Carlisle at 09.15 ended up a Kwik Fit listening in to first half having got a flat tyre after leaving the PH on way to ground, last season

So if this is the case, and it just so happens most of the local BBC radio channels broadcast matches we happen to be playing away on a particular week, what's the big fuss about amongst everyone? It's better than having no coverage at all isn't it?

So if this is the case, and it just so happens most of the local BBC radio channels broadcast matches we happen to be playing away on a particular week, what's the big fuss about amongst everyone? It's better than having no coverage at all isn't it?

Maybe because local BBC radio should provide coverage to its local population. And therefore if they are going call themselves BBC Essex they should provide a service to the Essex population and not broadcast some old tosh to do with someones rubber plant getting greenfly.

They also had split coverage across their different transmitters so you could get one game on LW and one on FM (or summink like that). I think now they are trying to do everything for everyone. And only achieving to do nothing that makes any sense. We will have second half of commentary on some game or another suggests.....we will make it up as we go along but stick right with us here at BBC Essex (esp if you have probs with yer rubber plant!)

And I would only listen to radio carlisle if you were interviewed after the game....that would be superb....:D

Yes but it is a dangerous precedent/slippery slope toward footballing obscurity.

Imagine all BBC stations were to do the same as BBC Essex, many other fans across the country could soon be left high and dry.

Also why should Essex football supporters be penalised with lack of full cover.

Maybe because local BBC radio should provide coverage to its local population. And therefore if they are going call themselves BBC Essex they should provide a service to the Essex population and not broadcast some old tosh to do with someones rubber plant getting greenfly.

They also had split coverage across their different transmitters so you could get one game on LW and one on FM (or summink like that). I think now they are trying to do everything for everyone.

And I would only listen to radio carlisle if you were interviewed after the game....that would be superb....:D

I fully appreciate the fact it's BBC Essex, and it should broadcast our matches etc. But obviously the decision has been made, so i'm just making some good out of a bad situation really.

As for BBC Cumbria, i'm still waiting for them to approach me for an interview. Apparently i am not as famous up there as i am in the Basildon area :D

Also why should Essex football supporters be penalised with lack of full cover.

Like most Ian, i can't understand why they have gone about stopping away day coverage, but as written to S_S, i'm merely making the best of a bad situation with regards listening to the online BBC coverage. It's not fair really, but we have to live with it: at least until they may see sense and put the coverage back.

I fully appreciate the fact it's BBC Essex, and it should broadcast our matches etc. But obviously the decision has been made, so i'm just making some good out of a bad situation really.

As for BBC Cumbria, i'm still waiting for them to approach me for an interview. Apparently i am not as famous up there as i am in the Basildon area :D

Indeed, there are options and it was a good call. Although I think we should be able to listen to our local station to get coverage of our local teams. To have some wishy washy setup of well it will be one game or another, we will let you know is not helpful. If other radio stations can provide the service why cant BBC Essex?

Me thinks there is something they aint telling us....:sherlock:

When I lived in Slough, I couldnt get the Essex games on the internet from BBC Essex as they closed the service for that time on a Saturday. That always seemed a little strange....closed for contractual reasons was the message?

When I lived in Slough, I couldnt get the Essex games on the internet from BBC Essex as they closed the service for that time on a Saturday. That always seemed a little strange....closed for contractual reasons was the message?

I get that message too, but it says because i'm not a UK resident that i cannot access the coverage...thus why i had to get blues world instead. Not sure why it wouldn't allow you from Slough though....maybe there is a slight flaw in my plan!

I get that message too, but it says because i'm not a UK resident that i cannot access the coverage...thus why i had to get blues world instead. Not sure why it wouldn't allow you from Slough though....maybe there is a slight flaw in my plan!

Oh I dunno, the same thing may apply to Slough....:D

Not sure about away games and using their local stations tho. Not tried that which I think is what you were saying. I cannot remember if the game I tried was at home or away. Would assume away but was trying to get it on BBC Essex rather than the local station to where the game was being played. Either way it wouldnt let me listen online.

Oh I dunno, the same thing may apply to Slough....:D

Not sure about away games and using their local stations tho. Not tried that which I think is what you were saying. I cannot remember if the game I tried was at home or away. Would assume away but was trying to get it on BBC Essex rather than the local station to where the game was being played. Either way it wouldnt let me listen online.

Perhaps if you are on a PC with some free time during an away game try it to see... If i'm wrong about it then tequila's are on me next time i'm over :D

Back