• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BBC Extend Their Coverage

Southampton Shrimper

Team Eggheads
The BBC are adding another programme to their Football League coverage from next week until the end of the season, to complement their Saturday night Football League Show, therefore giving us a second chance to catch Southend's goals.

They are broadcasting a regional football show every Monday night, something they promised to do when they won the rights, and taking us back to those good old days of Soccer Night on itv, which disappeared almost two years ago now.

Southend will be on the BBC East programme, which will be presented by former Bournemouth, Ipswich and Charlton midfielder Matt Holland. The blurb for the first show says:

Including the pick of the weekend's action and reaction plus regular features. This week's show includes a special report on Colchester United's clash with promotion rivals Norwich City.

I'm sure we'll get our share of the coverage as well over the course of the series!

The programme is called Late Kick Off and starts next Monday, 18 January, at 11.35pm on BBC One.

For those of us not in the East region, we can watch it through a Sky dish on channel 981. No faffing about with extra menus and can be Sky-plussed as well.

Trailer

Will this be another show that just shows the most well-known clubs (mainly Norwich, Ipswich and Col Ewe). Can anyone spot Elvis or Sammy in the trailer?

I can't spot Elvis or Sammy.

I think they'll give us a fair crack - they only have seven teams to cover on their patch, it's not like down here where we will get one programme for the South, South West and West to cover 14 teams!

It promises to be more than just a highlights show, it promises in-depth coverage behind the scenes with the teams, players, managers and backroom stories, so they say.

Could be worth a view.

Article

SS do you know if the region can be chosen and watched online? Being at uni I haven't a Sky box, and obviously am in the wrong region for this.

Sounds good. Monday at 11:45pm! I can't be bothered to stay up that late.

I have found one article which mentions that the programme will be available on i-Player. I'm sure it will be, and you will be able to choose whichever regional version you want.

Will need to see this on the iplayer then.

Good to see the BBC are doing this..

Just a reminder that this programme starts tonight, 11.35pm on BBC One.

For those of us not in the East region, we can watch it on Sky channel 981, or else all the regional editions will be available on the iPlayer shortly after transmission.

Im glad its on i-player, as otherwise I wouldnt be able to see it. I would consider living within 10 mins of Roots Hall, as within the region. Apparently not. Brighton and Wycombe are within my region of course.

At the start they stated they will be covering 7 clubs with a fine history & tradition or words to that effect. I make it only 6 teams with a history plus MK Dons!

Bryan Gunn & Paul Ince were the studio guests. I think they will try and do a feature on a different team every week but you get the feeling Norwich will end up with most of the coverage.

Question. Do we actually get shown on this programme? All programmes that involve the South East seem to concentrate on Brighton and Gillingham and East Anglia is moslty Norwich and Ipswich leaving us void :(

Back