• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

C C Csiders

Life President
On the journey to spiritual enlightenment (via the
Just at the present time the BBC seems to have a penchant for employing extremely weird, affected/afflicted, incredibly ugly news correspondents. Current example of this are Evan (look slightly to the left of the camera) Davis, presenting his economics reports in a camper manner than would Kenneth Williams, in a suit with drainpipe legs and size 24 feet. The very irritating business correspondent Robert Peston who thinks we are all equally as excited by news of Northern Rocks woes. Peston clearly models himself on Evan Davis. The affected accent of Frank Gardiner presenting the latest on Al Qaeda in his ever so posh accent grates too. My current least favourite is Mihir Bose. He wthinks he knows it all, and was always fawned over by Michael Parkinson on his radio show because he was the Telegrpah's Sport correspondent. I cannot stand his posh accent, and his latest ramblings about the Premier League going global are excrutiatingly annoying. Add to this the various ugly women, with no discernible accent, accept it must come from the mid-Atlantic that report, generally from the middle-east or Africa.

I'm sure I must have left some out. For the days of Kate Adie, Michael Buerk and John Cole.

BBC has been ab it downhill for ages, relying on people to find its news for it. Its nowhere near ITV and Sky in terms of woefulness, but its closing the gap daily.

Do you watch Charlie Brooker's screenwipe? He did a superb episode about the state of the nations media...

BBC has been ab it downhill for ages, relying on people to find its news for it. Its nowhere near ITV and Sky in terms of woefulness, but its closing the gap daily.

Do you watch Charlie Brooker's screenwipe? He did a superb episode about the state of the nations media...

it's all about Screenwipe... some green heading your way!

Just at the present time the BBC seems to have a penchant for employing extremely weird, affected/afflicted, incredibly ugly news correspondents. Current example of this are Evan (look slightly to the left of the camera) Davis, presenting his economics reports in a camper manner than would Kenneth Williams, in a suit with drainpipe legs and size 24 feet. The very irritating business correspondent Robert Peston who thinks we are all equally as excited by news of Northern Rocks woes. Peston clearly models himself on Evan Davis. The affected accent of Frank Gardiner presenting the latest on Al Qaeda in his ever so posh accent grates too. My current least favourite is Mihir Bose. He wthinks he knows it all, and was always fawned over by Michael Parkinson on his radio show because he was the Telegrpah's Sport correspondent. I cannot stand his posh accent, and his latest ramblings about the Premier League going global are excrutiatingly annoying. Add to this the various ugly women, with no discernible accent, accept it must come from the mid-Atlantic that report, generally from the middle-east or Africa.

I'm sure I must have left some out. For the days of Kate Adie, Michael Buerk and John Cole.

Can't stand Mihir Bose either. I can't believe the BBC paid so much to attract his pomposity over from the Daily Hellograph. Plus he was probably going to get the boot from there anyway, so it really wasn't a coup to get him at all. His patronising style really grates, as its clear he doesn't actually know that much about sport or business, he just gets fed stories by PR guys over no doubt expensive long lunches, and is unable to filter out the spin from fact or offer any contrary opinion.

Awful, awful journalist.

Back