• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BBC Predictor

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
It's that time of year again, 8th for me

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/predictor/default.stm

Can't see us doing any better than just outside the play-offs this year, have to allow for a couple of defeats and a couple of draws out of what we have left. I do get us 4 places above Colchester though to retain the Essex bragging rights!

Champions: Leics - 106
Runners Up: MK Dons - 87
Play Offs: Scunthorpe - 84; Peterborough - 79; Millwall - 78; Leeds - 76
Relegated: Cheltenham - 30; Hereford - 38; Crewe and Brighton - both 46, with Orient just escaping on goal difference!

Southend - 8th

Champions: leicster
Runners Up: MK Dons
Play Offs: Peterborough, Millwall, leeds, Oldham
Relegated: Orient, Hereford, Brighton, Cheltenham

Blimey - Scunthorpe must have hit a run of bad form :stunned: what happened, did Hoops break a leg or something?

Champions: Leicester
Runners-up: MK Dons
Playoff: Leeds , Scunthorpe , Peterborough & Southend
Relegated: Swindon , Brighton , Hereford & Cheltenham

Love your optimism Shrimper - so much so I'm agreeing with you.
Champions: Leicester
Runners up: Peterborough
Play offs: Millwall, MK Dons, Leeds, The mighty Blues.
Relegated: Cheltenham, Brighton, Orient, Col U(Wouldn't it be nice)

Champions Leicester
Runners up MK dons

Play offs Posh, scunny, millwall, southend

Relegated Orient, swindon, hereford and cheltenham

The way I see it, the next 5 games are more than winnable...

Brighton (A)
Hereford (A)
Swindon (A)
Carlisle (H)
Hartlepool (H)

Brighton have a team comprising of loanee's that are yet to gel, with Hereford missing one of their Man United loanee's after he was sent off yesterday. Swindon are considerably low on form at the moment and both Carlisle and Hartlepool are more than capable wins at home.

Asking for maximum points is not only adventurous, but unrealistic considering these 5 games back up in quick succession. 12 points from these 5 games put us in a great position to breach into the Play-Offs.

The way I see it, the next 5 games are more than winnable...

Brighton (A)
Hereford (A)
Swindon (A)
Carlisle (H)
Hartlepool (H)

Brighton have a team comprising of loanee's that are yet to gel, with Hereford missing one of their Man United loanee's after he was sent off yesterday. Swindon are considerably low on form at the moment and both Carlisle and Hartlepool are more than capable wins at home.

Asking for maximum points is not only adventurous, but unrealistic considering these 5 games back up in quick succession. 12 points from these 5 games put us in a great position to breach into the Play-Offs.

That would give us 61 points with 6 games left (assuming we get 12 points), we then have to play Hudders and Oldham away and Mk Dons and Leicester at home, tough run in but who knows. We are also relying on 4 or 5 teams having a pretty bad run aswell.

seven out of the eleven remaining games are against teams currently lower than us and that includes the current bottom four
so, 12 points from them
plus 3 draws..15`points minimum out of a maximum 33 remaining thats available
...anything extra will be a bonus.

64 points is our minimum requirement...where that will get us in the table...not enough for play offs, but higher than anticipated at the start of the season

Bloody hell who would want millwall in the playoffs ffs.

No one lol but done the predictor and thats what i come up with, we have some very winnable games coming up if we play well and avoid injury and suspensions who knows (that is what my predictions are based on)

Anyone can beat anyone in this league. There is no way you can safely predict any results. Look at us, one week getting beat at home by Crewe, then winning away at Posh. I admire everyones optimism for us getting in the play-offs, but realistically a comfortable mid-table finish is the best we can expect. Id love to be proved wrong though.

If we somehow get to the playoffs, it would be one hell of an acheivement, especially with our midfield being as poor as it has been for a few seasons.

leicester champs 106
mk dons promoted 87 on gd

peterborough playoffs 87
leeds
millwall
scunthorpe 74 points on goal differance +14
southend 74 points 7th gd +1

scum 10th

bottom 4
orient (swindon finnish 1 point ahead)
brighton
hereford
cheltenham

the football365 site does a crude prediction based on last 8 matches throughout the season though as it gets nearer the end of season it has a bit more validity.
it's current predictions are:
1st leicester 95pts
2nd posh 86 pts
playoffs mk 84 pts millwall 77 pts, southend 73 pts , scunny 71 pts
relegated swindon 47, hereford 47, brighton 45, cheltenham

its a long shot as it means 8 wins out of 11 but it is do-able

Anyone can beat anyone in this league. There is no way you can safely predict any results. Look at us, one week getting beat at home by Crewe, then winning away at Posh. I admire everyones optimism for us getting in the play-offs, but realistically a comfortable mid-table finish is the best we can expect. Id love to be proved wrong though.

totally agree with can only afford to lose two to get in play offs and they you think would be mk dons and leicster and yor guarenteed with southend to lose some more

Back