• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BBC Sports Personality of the Year

Who will get your vote

• Darren Clarke

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Andy Murray

• Amir Khan

• Dai Greene

• Luke Donald

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The 10 runners and riders have bee announced who would you vote for?

Mark Cavendish
Darren Clarke
Rory McIlroy
Mo Farah
Andy Murray
Alastair Cook
Amir Khan
Luke Donald
Dai Greene
Andrew Strauss

I'm baffled as to how in the betting Donald is priced at 20-1, whereas Strauss is 100-1. Give me a bloke who has captained an Ashes winning team by smashing the convicts on their own turf, over a bloke who is number 1 in the world, but has never won a major.

Last edited:
Pretty strong line up, Strauss, Cavendish or Farah for me. No women on the list though...

The 10 runners and riders have bee announced who would you vote for?

Mark Cavendish
Darren Clarke
Rory McIlroy
Mo Farah
Andy Murray
Alastair Cook
Amir Khan
Luke Donald
Dai Greene
Andrew Strauss

I'm baffled as to how in the betting Donald is priced at 20-1, whereas Strauss is 100-1. Give me a bloke who has captained and Ashes winning team by smashing the convicts on their own turf, over a bloke who is number 1 in the world, but has never won a majordoesn't even play a proper sport.

I quite agree.

Strauss will presumably collect the team of the year award on behalf of the England team, but he retired from limited overs stuff in April and has been averaging in the 20s in tests. He'd be 11th on my list of top England cricketers of the year but still above any golfer.

Whilst it's nice to actually see some world class sports stars on the BBC, I'd rather see them in action than rubbing shoulders with the BBC big-wigs, but if I was to vote I'd vote for Cavendish. World Champion, dominated in the TdF and people are racing for second against him. Absolute legend.

I'm rooting for Cavendish, although I think Farah is a decent bet at 1.85 in Betfair's 'Top 3' market.

Darren Clarke for me, after all it is called personality and he is about the only one on that list that has one.

Cookie for me. Think he has had a top year and would be nice to see an Essex cricketer get this award.

Back