• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Napster

No ⭐
The BBC has unveiled its annual collection of seasonal specials for Christmas and one highlight will be iconic comedy Blackadder. The cast will return for a one-off documentary entitled Blackadder Rides Again.

Marking 25 years since the original BBC transmission, the programme will feature the first ever in-depth interview with Edmund Blackadder himself, Rowan Atkinson. Also along for the ride will be the core cast and writing team including: Stephen Fry, Hugh Laurie, Richard Curtis, Ben Elton, Miranda Richardson, Tim McInnerny and Tony Robinson. Yuletide specials will come from the likes of Gavin And Stacey, The Royle Family, Strictly Come Dancing, Shooting Stars, My Family, Rab C Nesbitt, Peter Serafinowicz and Lead Balloon, Top Of The Pops one-offs on Christmas Day and New Year's Eve, and a Top Gear special from Vietnam.

Thrilling drama comes courtesy of The 39 Steps starring Rupert Penry Jones; a very special edition of Doctor Who; spine-tingling ghost story Crooked House; as well as an explosive Christmas cracker for the Mitchells in EastEnders. Wallace And Gromit return to the small screen with a special new adventure for BBC One, A Matter Of Loaf and Death. Lark Rise To Candleford is also back with a captivating seasonal tale and Alan Davies reprises his role as Jonathan Creek with an exciting new mystery to solve. The selection of films for all the family to enjoy includes the television premieres of Finding Nemo, Shark Tale, Wallace And Gromit In The Curse Of The Were-Rabbit, Superman Returns, The Chronicles Of Narnia – The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe, Pirates Of The Caribbean – Dead Man's Chest, Madagascar and Starter For Ten

Thats a good selection I reckon. Well done Beeb.

New Wallace & Gromit, more Peter Seranowhatshisface, the return of Shooting Stars (yay!!!!!!) and a bit of the Doc. Jonathan Creek & The 39 steps should be interesting as well.

The films are a bit poo except for W&G (which is a truly comedic masterpiece all you doubters out there) but then thats what I've come to expect in this day and age. Any blockbuster film most people enjoy these days is available for £4 in Sainsburys within 6 months. Might be a few good independent ones on though; BBC2 usually have that covered.

Are they not doing the third one in that Phillip Pullman series they started the other year?

And what the hell ever happened to that second series of "State of play" due this fall? That show rocked...

Last edited:
Those ones with Billie Piper? Dunno (thought you were on about The Golden Compass there). Narnia's not bad, to be fair. Was expecting a few more from the last year or two if I'm honest, but ITV and 4 will probably have a few.

Looks likely for those Pullman adaptations, the Tiger in the Well is due to air in December (so maybe slightly early for Christmas).

Those ones with Billie Piper? Dunno (thought you were on about The Golden Compass there). Narnia's not bad, to be fair. Was expecting a few more from the last year or two if I'm honest, but ITV and 4 will probably have a few.

Looks likely for those Pullman adaptations, the Tiger in the Well is due to air in December (so maybe slightly early for Christmas).

Ah cool, thanks. The first one was great TV. The second, less so. But I'd be on board again should I be indoors...

Back