• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A Century United

Firewalking for HD
My Niece's husband is a very decent indeed writer and producer of Horror films. They are looking to raise £14,000 on Kickstarter to fund their next project, so from as little as £10, which you only pay if the Film raises the funds, you can be involved, get your name in the credits, get a digital or hard copy of the film, or more.

All the details Here

And who'd have thought that "Auteur" would appear twice in a week on Shrimperzone?

Beautiful but self-centred college girl Kayla West is on the verge losing her best friend Taylor in an ongoing rivalry over a guy. But when Taylor dabbles in black magic and gets access to a range of very unconventional smartphone apps, capable of everything from changing people's minds to exploding their heads, Kayla must decide how far she's willing to go before Taylor rips her whole world apart.

"Evil Apps" is the latest horror feature film from acclaimed writer/director Pat Higgins. Empire magazine have called him the 'Essex Auteur', Fangoria called him one of the 'most promising British horror directors' and SFX called him 'the Tarantino of budget gore flicks for style and dialogue'. The book Urban Terrors: New British Horror Cinema calls Higgins 'one of the most important and interesting filmmakers in the British Horror Revival' and refers to his most recent feature "The Devil's Music" as 'magnificent'.

All of Higgins' previous features ("TrashHouse", "KillerKiller", "Hellbride" and "The Devil's Music") have found international distribution on DVD (and sometimes cinematically). This is the first time that Jinx Media have given the public the chance to get directly involved in the production process, and we hope that you're as excited about it as we are.

This Kickstarter project was officially announced at one of Pat's live shows about filmmaking, entitled Werewolves, Cheerleaders & Chainsaws: Filming Horror with No Bloody Money.

A video of that entire show is available free of charge at http://www.jinx.co.uk

Interestingly, of course, I'm Pat Higgins. I'm the guy writing this. But I reckon if I'd written the whole thing in first person I'd have sounded like the most arrogant and conceited git on the face of the planet. I'd have put all of you lovely people off having anything to do with me and my project.

God, I wouldn't have even got past the first line. "Hi, I'm acclaimed writer/director..."

You'd have all started throwing stuff.

Back