• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We got a minibus a few years back ,last game of season drew 1-1 all went in fancy dress two idiots tried to get in minibus but unlucky for them ginger and Jamie got out first and dealt it with very funny to watch

I've been there twice, and it kicked off twice. First time was 1990, we lost 2-1 on a Tuesday evening. They went up and won the league. Invaded the pitch to celebrate. Unfortunately more than a few jumped in our end and started whacking people. Police were knicking ours for "bleeding perfusely on the terrace" and "shouting the word 'ow' when hit".

We went again the following season, if I remember rightly if we won and Bolton lost we'd have gone up on the day. It kicked off in the town and we were chased all over the place. I remember a big friendly police dog literally taking a bloke out who about to rip my head off. There were bricks coming over the wall and in through the loos. And potatoes. With razor blades in them.

I've not been back for 22 years, but am going Saturday.

This is the game you are talking about, one of the anyway. Watch out for Paul Fansone in goal

[video=youtube_share;VJ3UxT5nMAw]http://youtu.be/VJ3UxT5nMAw[/video]

I remember Exeter away was the worst I've experienced as an away supporter. Was about 1990 and we won 2-0, we had bricks being lobbed onto us from the road behind the away end as we stood on the terrace. Then I remember being chased around the town for a while before seeing a few cars with Essex stickers in them with their windows smashed. Never experienced so much in one day and that includes trips to the Old Den.

April 1991, the season we got promoted. Adam locke running from pretty much the halfway line to score the second at our end! Happy days!

Remember it well and the incidents you mentioned.

We stayed for the weekend, so didn't have to rush back to the station, so hung about inside the ground for quite a while after the final whistle to avoid any issues outside the ground after the game.

Also remember a night game a few seasons earlier, where we lost 4-2.

ps, Good to see that old footage from 89-90, especially old Paul Fansone!:smile:

Last edited:
Back