• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Barling Magna

President⭐
Be aware that the EDL are holding a mass march and rally in Exeter on Saturday and there's a counter protest march as well. Could turn nasty. Best to avoid the city centre before the match.

Be aware that the EDL are holding a mass march and rally in Exeter on Saturday and there's a counter protest march as well. Could turn nasty. Best to avoid the city centre before the match.

Shades of Rotherham last year. A good omen ??

I remember Exeter away was the worst I've experienced as an away supporter. Was about 1990 and we won 2-0, we had bricks being lobbed onto us from the road behind the away end as we stood on the terrace. Then I remember being chased around the town for a while before seeing a few cars with Essex stickers in them with their windows smashed. Never experienced so much in one day and that includes trips to the Old Den.

I remember Exeter away was the worst I've experienced as an away supporter. Was about 1990 and we won 2-0, we had bricks being lobbed onto us from the road behind the away end as we stood on the terrace. Then I remember being chased around the town for a while before seeing a few cars with Essex stickers in them with their windows smashed. Never experienced so much in one day and that includes trips to the Old Den.

How times change!. In 1976 for our 1st Rd FA Cup tie down there, 14 of us left in a Mini-bus after the Elms closed on the Friday night. Following several stops, we arrived there around 8 am Sat. Cooked breakfast, wander round the City till the Pubs opened.
Got in the ground and their 'locals' had caused some grief to our fans who travelled in the Supporters Club coach. They then came and tried their luck with us. Wrong move as amongst our '14' were PP, KF, PC and (ginger) LB, along with GH who wore the Red DM's at the Villa game in 71, and anyone who was there that day would remember him!.
We had a trouble free walk back after the game (1-1) to our mini bus, stopped off in Bristol en route home for a 'swift half' and got back to Leigh 7 am Sunday. We beat them 2-1 in the replay, the following evening.

The last time I went to Exeter I drove there .It was when Exeter were bottom of the pile and loads of Plymouth fans turned up to see Exeter get relegated The southend fans were ment to be housed on the open terries .But the police moved us to the seats along with the Plymouth fans . Needless to say at the final whistle it all kick off with hundreds of Exeter fans making a bee line to the seats and all hell broke loose .

I've been there twice, and it kicked off twice. First time was 1990, we lost 2-1 on a Tuesday evening. They went up and won the league. Invaded the pitch to celebrate. Unfortunately more than a few jumped in our end and started whacking people. Police were knicking ours for "bleeding perfusely on the terrace" and "shouting the word 'ow' when hit".

We went again the following season, if I remember rightly if we won and Bolton lost we'd have gone up on the day. It kicked off in the town and we were chased all over the place. I remember a big friendly police dog literally taking a bloke out who about to rip my head off. There were bricks coming over the wall and in through the loos. And potatoes. With razor blades in them.

I've not been back for 22 years, but am going Saturday.

Only if you are Black or Asian I guess.
Doesn't quite work like that, EDL are obviously all white and they will be far outnumbered by the counter demo which will also largely be white. The police will just focus on keeping the two groups apart and then as the EDL splinter off they will pick on anyone who is around - rival football fans being perfect as they are generally made up of old skool hooligans.
The police shouldn't grant them a license when the is a match on. At Rotherham they were all over the train station as our train pulled in and no attempt was being made to keep them away from the general public at that point.
Their leader who pretends his name is Tommy Robinson recently quit so maybe there will be a power vacuum and less attendees.

I've been there twice, and it kicked off twice. First time was 1990, we lost 2-1 on a Tuesday evening. They went up and won the league. Invaded the pitch to celebrate. Unfortunately more than a few jumped in our end and started whacking people. Police were knicking ours for "bleeding perfusely on the terrace" and "shouting the word 'ow' when hit".

We went again the following season, if I remember rightly if we won and Bolton lost we'd have gone up on the day. It kicked off in the town and we were chased all over the place. I remember a big friendly police dog literally taking a bloke out who about to rip my head off. There were bricks coming over the wall and in through the loos. And potatoes. With razor blades in them.

I think that second match you mention must have been the same one I was at. Remember watching the sky for missiles more than watching the Blues do the business on the pitch. Was toward the end of the season that culminated in Benji and Bury. Now that match was another story......

Doesn't quite work like that, EDL are obviously all white and they will be far outnumbered by the counter demo which will also largely be white. The police will just focus on keeping the two groups apart and then as the EDL splinter off they will pick on anyone who is around - rival football fans being perfect as they are generally made up of old skool hooligans.
The police shouldn't grant them a license when the is a match on. At Rotherham they were all over the train station as our train pulled in and no attempt was being made to keep them away from the general public at that point.
Their leader who pretends his name is Tommy Robinson recently quit so maybe there will be a power vacuum and less attendees.

Was tongue in cheek...sorry

yes I remember those games, was always a bit hairy. Although we went last year and was fine.

The ground is a bit of a dump and if you stand behind the goal, its like standing on a patio area as opposed to a terrace

The last time I went to Exeter I drove there .It was when Exeter were bottom of the pile and loads of Plymouth fans turned up to see Exeter get relegated The southend fans were ment to be housed on the open terries .But the police moved us to the seats along with the Plymouth fans . Needless to say at the final whistle it all kick off with hundreds of Exeter fans making a bee line to the seats and all hell broke loose .
I remember this game.We made a quick exit back to the car

yes I remember those games, was always a bit hairy. Although we went last year and was fine.

The ground is a bit of a dump and if you stand behind the goal, its like standing on a patio area as opposed to a terrace

Nah, I've ignored the pleas of Ratboy, and are in the stand this time.

The ground doesn't look like its changed since those days of the early 1990s.

We stood behind the goal last year, but have located to the stand this year (got a bit cold and wet for the missus - it certainly rained goals). Looking forward to it, quietly fancy our chances to get something out of this one.

Back