• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Be careful what you wish for.

You know what I think the worst thing us supporters could do right now, that is protest. I know that we are all annoyed at King's statement, and personally after reading the interview with King in the echo last night, I am shocked by it, but what will protesting do to change that?Infact, I think that it will affect the morale of the players, and that is the absalute last thing we need right now, coming up to two big games in the space of 7 days. We all know that we are struggling financially, who isnt? I have had and will always have faith in Ron Martin, he is a great Chairman, he loves the club, and he is the right man to pull us out of this fiancial mess imo. I am quite fed up of the negativity on this site, all the threads that I have been reading the last few days have been all about King, what he said, and about our money situation, well I for one really hope that this negativity DOESNT carry into our match tomorrow, thats the worst thing we could do imo. Lets put all of this behind us for the Orient game tomorrow, and lets support the Shrimpers 100% without exception.
UTB!

SS1

I actually think overall the posters on here have been quite upbeat about it all and also very positive in their comments. Nobody's fooling anyone here and nearly all are under no illusion that we are a cash-rich club and quietly we recognise that Ron and co will have to duck and dive to survive.

I think the AGM tonight will hopefully give us certain answers, most importantly will we be able to pay the taxman soon.

The only real over-reaction i've seen is from the bloody Echo newspaper who are doing a fine job of turning the fans against the club.

I actually think overall the posters on here have been quite upbeat about it all and also very positive in their comments. Nobody's fooling anyone here and nearly all are under no illusion that we are a cash-rich club and quietly we recognise that Ron and co will have to duck and dive to survive.

I think the AGM tonight will hopefully give us certain answers, most importantly will we be able to pay the taxman soon.

The only real over-reaction i've seen is from the bloody Echo newspaper who are doing a fine job of turning the fans against the club.

I agree with your post shrimp and two veg, but fresh from King's comments, and Revell and Betsy's depatrure, from what I read on a few threads (I didnt read all of the posts on here) the last couple of days, the threads titles have been dominated by King's comments about Revell, our financial mess, posters not knowing what is going on, and the Echo's comments about Priors money. I have 100% confidence in Ron Martin & Co to pull us out of this fiancial mess, as mentioned in my last post, all im trying to say to you is that we need to stick together, and put all of this behind us for tomorrows game, and get right behind the blues, because I know I will be getting right behind them for the whole game, no matter what the score is, and there is no doubt about that.

Back