• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question be honest who else needs to go?

For me Brown and Fagan has to be just the start

Anton Robinson
Ricky Duncan
Jason Demetriou
John White
Josh Coulson
Will Atkinson
Hamzad Kargbo
Matt Dennis
Joe Dunne
Terrill Egbri

I would be looking at replacing all of these
To be fair Dunne was our only player who looked like he gave a **** in the first half, he run out of steam but I think he cares. Egbri, even though he was awful today, at least gives his all too.

Everyone else you’ve listed I’d be quite happy to see the back of, all the listed players were either signed or their contacts were renewed by Brown:Facepalm:What a moron.

For me Brown and Fagan has to be just the start

Anton Robinson
Ricky Duncan
Jason Demetriou
John White
Josh Coulson
Will Atkinson
Hamzad Kargbo
Matt Dennis
Joe Dunne
Terrill Egbri

I would be looking at replacing all of these
Better question is who should the next manager keep

Unless I've missed it on previous threads, but why Duncan out?

Genuine question from someone who isn't ITK on things. It seems that since people found out that he gets a bonus when youth players are sold or get promoted to the first team (probably a standard practice for a Head of Youth Development), he has become a villain.
Yeah I don't get it either, surely that's a standard incentive for youth coaches? He's failed as a DoF but I'm sure why that means he isn't good for the youth setup.

Dennis and Kargbo need to be sent back and replaced with some proper quality loanees that Stan has said he can deliver .

a new CB and creative CM , I’d add some genuine wingers to the list , I can’t remember the last player we had were he gets u on the edge of your seat when he’s driving forward .
this will get the crowd back onside as right now the Hall is void of any characters or flair players we can get behind

Ron Martin

Unless you have got the required amount of cash stuffed behind your sofa (50 Million ish should do it), you need to recognise that RM is going nowhere.
Once you and the others of your ilk can understand that, the club may be in with a shot of healing and rebuilding.
I am keeping fingers cross that RM and SVC can, and will, work together to rebuild this football club and manage to drag it back from the abyss!!

Yeah I don't get it either, surely that's a standard incentive for youth coaches? He's failed as a DoF but I'm sure why that means he isn't good for the youth setup.
Not to the point that most players are shipped out for personal gain (and when I say personal gain I am taking obscene money) without ever featuring for the first team in any way! You only have to look at Colchester to see how they have brought players through and given the game time.
The man is a pound shop Harry Redknap

We have a decent youth system being run by good people. To bring Duncan back into that would be disruptive and wrong to those people. Duncan has had his time He took on the DOF role and has failed miserably needs to go along with A Robinson and the scouting staff and be replaced by a new team.. Seriously there must be some decent talent playing in the lower leagues is Essex,and our scouts are yet to identify any.

We have a decent youth system being run by good people. To bring Duncan back into that would be disruptive and wrong to those people. Duncan has had his time He took on the DOF role and has failed miserably needs to go along with A Robinson and the scouting staff and be replaced by a new team.. Seriously there must be some decent talent playing in the lower leagues is Essex,and our scouts are yet to identify any.
That’s surely where Tilly could help.

Every single person, player or back room staff who had any part in that embarrassing and disgraceful Sunday afternoon stroll at Col Ewe that was arguably the biggest game in the history of SUFC

That match that we didn't turn up to was the last straw for me. After 54 years watching and supporting the Shrimpers I haven't seen my beloved team since that night and I won't again until there are massive changes which thankfully are underway.

Let's just hope and pray anyone coming in to our club now wants to sweat blood and tears for Southend United, if not it will be a long time before I pay my hard earned money to benefit wasters who are only here for the money.

Last edited:
It will be really interesting to see how these players perform under a new manager. I suspect many will end up out of the door, but that a few will raise their game and prove to be quite decent.

For me, Arnold, White, Hobson, Clifford, Phillips, Ferguson, Dalby, Murphy, Bridge, are the best of the bunch we have.

It will be really interesting to see how these players perform under a new manager. I suspect many will end up out of the door, but that a few will raise their game and prove to be quite decent.

For me, Arnold, White, Hobson, Clifford, Phillips, Ferguson, Dalby, Murphy, Bridge, are the best of the bunch we have.
Yup I think we have a decent nucleus of 6-7. Add in some hungry young local players around them (that Tilly/Stan can identify) and I think we’ll start to climb the table.

Unless I've missed it on previous threads, but why Duncan out?

Genuine question from someone who isn't ITK on things. It seems that since people found out that he gets a bonus when youth players are sold or get promoted to the first team (probably a standard practice for a Head of Youth Development), he has become a villain.

Has been as responsible for this season's recruitment as PB was and as seeing his old role as head of academy has been filled I don't see a role for him going forward

Back