• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question be honest who else needs to go?

Really? Like what?
The point is he’s come in and probably found a million and one little problems as well as the bigger ones we’re all aware of. Will need time and certainly doesn’t need getting rid of.

I suspect he is going to be a key player keeping the status quo between Ron and Stan having a foot in each camp.

The point is he’s come in and probably found a million and one little problems as well as the bigger ones we’re all aware of. Will need time and certainly doesn’t need getting rid of.

I suspect he is going to be a key player keeping the status quo between Ron and Stan having a foot in each camp.

That was a lot more constructive with your opinion than the other poster......

Maybe we should buck the trend and start offering contracts that are more like real world contracts?

Ie, if your crap at your job you get sacked, no paying off the rest of your contract....
Who would decide who is crap. The owner, the manger surely not the fans?

Dennis and Kargbo need to be sent back and replaced with some proper quality loanees that Stan has said he can deliver .

a new CB and creative CM , I’d add some genuine wingers to the list , I can’t remember the last player we had were he gets u on the edge of your seat when he’s driving forward .
this will get the crowd back onside as right now the Hall is void of any characters or flair players we can get behind
What about ANG? personally I think he would be decent for us as he's very pacey and can beat players! Just a shame about his final ball but that's what u would expect in the national league.

Who would decide who is crap. The owner, the manger surely not the fans?
We all know you like attacking fans ,But lets not forget many are exceptionally knowledgeable. Some have played at a good level. Some have been referees, Some have undertaken football scouting, course and are used by other clubs to scout, some have played for this club. Some even got it exactly spot on about how this years recruitment was going and how it would pan out. Some study football at levels that many a so called professional cant manage

I was honestly a little surprised that RB wasnt an area that was strengthened in the summer (Or at least talked about more)

I havent seen too much of Howard to give much of opinion n him but successive managers havent given him much of a look in so I can only assume he isnt yet ready to properly challenge JD.

Who else is at the club currently that should be challenging for a RB position?
I thought Rob Howard was getting MOTM regularly last year in this division so am surprised he hasn’t featured more. Maybe just not Phil’s cup of tea and we might see that change?

What about ANG? personally I think he would be decent for us as he's very pacey and can beat players! Just a shame about his final ball but that's what u would expect in the national league.

ANG is a frustrating player , he clearly has talent and can travel well with the ball and has great balance , HOWEVER he makes the wrong decision at the most crucial time and thats when to release the ball.

He never gets to the by line and delivers , neither does he drive at players and slips through balls into our CF's .
Im not saying he can;t do that with the right coaching , for me Sturrock or Webb would make him twice the player he is but i feel he may of run out of lives with us .

For me Gower , Otto , Ansah , JCR all got me buzzing whenever they had the ball as you knew they were always looking to create on the wings and the likes of Whelan ( unrealistic to compare as we are in the 5th tier) Gutteridge , Maher ,Tilly, Keith Jones , Jay Smith could always unlock defenses with a quick look up and clip of a ball from CM .

Even looking at Defenders , we used to have the likes of Searle , Coker, Nathan Jones who could whip a decent dead ball in and cause opposition problems

At present i see none of the above in our ranks and we need to focus our recruitment on these area's IMO

I had a dream it was about Ron

Our Wonderful, Moral, ethical , benevolent Leader also had a dream It was a total Damascene event. He slipped and fell on his face in a pile of muck Whilst riding a big Golden Goose, but turning his head and looking up had this wonderful vision, there was beautiful lady in white, smiling down at him , ( she was wearing what looked like a cleaning outfit ) Light shone, halos glittered, stars shot across the sky and RON got up knowing that from that moment his job was to wipe out the debt NOW and to repair Southend

He thought to himself, I promised to write off this debt, so why wait, The new vision tells me I should do it now.

Ron burst into tears in sheer ecstasy and the thought of actually doing something really decent and soul cleansing , right now, nearly broke him, but he knew he was a changed man and that his legacy and life would live on forever and burn bright as Ron the Redeemer

I had a dream it was about Ron

Our Wonderful, Moral, ethical , benevolent Leader also had a dream It was a total Damascene event. He slipped and fell on his face in a pile of muck Whilst riding a big Golden Goose, but turning his head and looking up had this wonderful vision, there was beautiful lady in white, smiling down at him , ( she was wearing what looked like a cleaning outfit ) Light shone, halos glittered, stars shot across the sky and RON got up knowing that from that moment his job was to wipe out the debt NOW and to repair Southend

He thought to himself, I promised to write off this debt, so why wait, The new vision tells me I should do it now.

Ron burst into tears in sheer ecstasy and the thought of actually doing something really decent and soul cleansing , right now, nearly broke him, but he knew he was a changed man and that his legacy and life would live on forever and burn bright as Ron the Redeemer
Flippin ‘eck mate. That’s a bit deep innit ? A lovely dream, but old **TOXIC** wouldn’t ever make a gesture like that….. not even if he won the Euro millions. !

Nb- ** refers to the current owner. I won’t soil this comment with that bast@rds name.

The debt is bolstering the balance sheets of the other group companies - which will no longer be necessary once the development is done and there's the income stream from that. This is the reason for the timing of writing it off after the stadium is finished.

Back