• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question be honest who else needs to go?

For me Brown and Fagan has to be just the start

Anton Robinson
Ricky Duncan
Jason Demetriou
John White
Josh Coulson
Will Atkinson
Hamzad Kargbo
Matt Dennis
Joe Dunne
Terrill Egbri

I would be looking at replacing all of these
I’d hang on to James Dunne and also Matt Dennis. I’d also give JW a role in the coaching set up.

We desperately need a quick young CB and creative CM.

I’d also like to revisit the Elvis situation. 1 year + optional 1 year deal with release clause if we don’t get promoted maybe? Meaning we get Elvis for a year, he gets football and he can leave for free if we don’t get promoted. I know we’re gonna be fighting to stay up now, but anything is better than him being left in limbo, he deserves better and we need a decent RB.

Why are there so many so keen to keep recycling John White.
Extremely limited and one-dimensional footballer who should just focus on flogging second hand cars.
Absolutely no idea why so many love the guy so much.

I like the idea of Getting JW into the coaching set up, player/coach maybe so we can use him in an emergency.
Dennis hasn’t had much of a chance so I’d be happy having the new manager to have a look at him first.
Egbri I’d keep for this season, see if a new manager and staff can get better end results out of him.
Dunne might be worth keeping around too.
Other than that the rest of this list can go, probably a few more too.

I’d hang on to James Dunne and also Matt Dennis. I’d also give JW a role in the coaching set up.

We desperately need a quick young CB and creative CM.

I’d also like to revisit the Elvis situation. 1 year + optional 1 year deal with release clause if we don’t get promoted maybe? Meaning we get Elvis for a year, he gets football and he can leave for free if we don’t get promoted. I know we’re gonna be fighting to stay up now, but anything is better than him being left in limbo, he deserves better and we need a decent RB.
Completely forgot Dennis existed

The curious case of Terrel Egbri. From hated to a cult favourite, nearly PoTS back on the road to being hated again.

I'm sure sometimes fans look at young players and think you're lucky to be given a chance at this club. Other times I think they deserve better than this club and I'm not basing that on their ability.

I'm also not sure how Anton Robinson survived this long...

Ricky Duncan, the guy flys under the radar everytime. He’s one common denominator along with Ron in the whole demise of the club. He’s Ron’s right hand man

obviously does extremely well for himself out of the youth prospects who move to big clubs before they even get a sniff for our first team! Keep them, play them, they are worth more and will help us, rather than fill your own pockets. Also believe he has a massive say in recruitment, which lets face it is shocking.

additionally was he at the game today? I have no idea if he was or wasn’t for the record

Start with some of the more senior positions in the non playing staff then work down. The real problems are in the most senior roles.

Unless I've missed it on previous threads, but why Duncan out?

Genuine question from someone who isn't ITK on things. It seems that since people found out that he gets a bonus when youth players are sold or get promoted to the first team (probably a standard practice for a Head of Youth Development), he has become a villain.

The curious case of Terrel Egbri. From hated to a cult favourite, nearly PoTS back on the road to being hated again.

I'm sure sometimes fans look at young players and think you're lucky to be given a chance at this club. Other times I think they deserve better than this club and I'm not basing that on their ability.

I'm also not sure how Anton Robinson survived this long...
Given the stage of the season the new manager will obviously need to get a tune mainly out of those we have. So drawing up long list of players to get rid of is pointless before Jan at the earliest. And some are decent players who just might come good under another manager.

Unless I've missed it on previous threads, but why Duncan out?

Genuine question from someone who isn't ITK on things. It seems that since people found out that he gets a bonus when youth players are sold or get promoted to the first team (probably a standard practice for a Head of Youth Development), he has become a villain.
I think he need to go back to the academy. Always where he has delivered most value. The nearer you get to the management team the nearer you fly to the ☀️

Given the stage of the season the new manager will obviously need to get a tune mainly out of those we have. So drawing up long list of players to get rid of is pointless before Jan at the earliest. And some are decent players who just might come good under another manager.
Absolutely agree. The market isn't great in January either, which may put more reliance on working with what you've got.

Back