• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I've been offered the shirt they had done for Jack Payne - could be interesting, he's only four foot smaller. Not troubling JK yet in the best sellers lists sadly, the audience for a book with a heavy Shrimper content it seems is not as wide as that for goblins and wizards.

Yep, be delighted to sell you a copy tomorrow - I'll be in the Shrimpers Bar from about 2 pm to 2.30 pm and will have a few copies with me. Just had a request from Stalky via my book website for the same but my PC doesn't like his email address for some reason so if anyone knows how to contact him please let him know I'll be in Shrimpers.

UTB

You need to think in wider terms, is not Payne a dwarf? Didn't Roy have a bit of goblin in his book? - admittedly in Exeter, but you get the idea.
Rikki was a wing wizard.
And there is the love triangle involving players and wife(s) (allegedly).
The cleaner incident.
Don't let the truth get in the way of rumour and gossip spice.

In many ways I feel the same but it was not an opportunity I sought and not a 'mascot thing' - the club rang me and it is all a bit hastily arranged. Apparently there is some last minute football league initiative for the first match of the season for fans to lead teams out and the club were just reacting to that. Tried searching the web for anything on it but can't find any news. If I have to hold Adam Barrett's hand as I walk out I'll politely decline.

Not another one who thinks he's to old and slow.

In many ways I feel the same but it was not an opportunity I sought and not a 'mascot thing' - the club rang me and it is all a bit hastily arranged. Apparently there is some last minute football league initiative for the first match of the season for fans to lead teams out and the club were just reacting to that. Tried searching the web for anything on it but can't find any news. If I have to hold Adam Barrett's hand as I walk out I'll politely decline.

I think you'll be ok with Adam, not sure about some of the others.

knees.jpg

I am sure there will be some wise people in the crowd asking who the new signing is carrying the ball lol. Happens all the time by us

I'm bringing 24 loo rolls to throw at you as you come out of the tunnel.

It'll look like the 1978 World Cup.

"I'm bringing 24 loo rolls to throw at you as you come out of the tunnel."

Hope you take them out of the packet first
:winking:

Enjoy it. There's nothing wrong with being a big kid!! I did it for my 50th birthday at the Luton game in front of 10000 people. What a buzz!! I also stood out there for the minutes silence in memory of the Bradford fire, which enabled me to hear the roar after the silence finished. Awesome!!

Make the most of it and try to get somebody to take photos for you whilst you are waiting as well as as you're walking out. You'll get some from the club, but only a few.

Have fun!!

Cheers for pics Dave - Coughlan kept looking round in the second half wondering where the tall blue thing had gone as I think he thought I was Simpson and wanted to bring me on. :footballer:

Back