• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Does anyone have any idea when/if he's due to sign for the Blues??

i know the club where trying to sign him before the FA cup tie, but that was over a week ago

He will sign after we beat Millwall, get the £65 k, and have an away draw at Arsenal which is televised. Ending Umbongo. And Daniel Bentley is sold for 4.5m to Spurs but loaned back for rest of season. FF construction starts on 30th February 2014:smile:

He will sign after we beat Millwall, get the £65 k, and have an away draw at Arsenal which is televised. Ending Umbongo. And Daniel Bentley is sold for 4.5m to Spurs but loaned back for rest of season. FF construction starts on 30th February 2014:smile:

I'll have a pint of what you have been drinking please :hilarious:

I doubt we will bother now to be honest. Brown wanted it pushed through as we were looking short in the middle for the cup, but now we have:

Laird
Timlin
Atkinson
Clifford
Leonard (nearly back)
Payne

No need for him now.

I doubt we will bother now to be honest. Brown wanted it pushed through as we were looking short in the middle for the cup, but now we have:

Laird
Timlin
Atkinson
Clifford
Leonard (nearly back)
Payne

No need for him now.

I agree, but I'm not sure Brown shares our opinion. I reckon he really rates Gomis and want's him signed up. We shall see. It could be argued, for example, that he really rated Straker and persevered with him, against most collective wisdom on this board!!

For him to have hung around this long, surely he must have a tacit agreement with PB, that he will be signed. Rather like the new stadium really, we all know it will happen, we just don't know when!

For him to have hung around this long, surely he must have a tacit agreement with PB, that he will be signed. Rather like the new stadium really, we all know it will happen, we just don't know when!

Nothing like the new stadium. According to OBL, Gomis went to the young blues Xmas party, she made no mention of Fossetts Farm turning up!

Laird
Timlin
Atkinson
Clifford
Leonard (nearly back)
Payne

No need for him now.

Tbh I think we are committed to this- probably on a pre contract

I am sure for a reason- in PB we need to trust

This was just tweeted by Chris Phillips.

@CJPhillips1982: Blues will not be able to sign Bedsente Gomis until January. Full story in tomorrow's Echo. @essex_echo @sufcrootshall

Laird
Timlin
Atkinson
Clifford
Leonard (nearly back)
Payne

No need for him now.

If there was no need then he surely wouldnt have kept him here for so long.

He must really like him to have done so.

Laird
Timlin
Atkinson
Clifford
Leonard (nearly back)
Payne

No need for him now.
Brown was saying in the echo other day that he still wants to sign him and although we are well served with midfielders Gomis brings something different to the squad

Can't remember exactly the details but it was mentioned on BBC Essex the other afternoon that it is all about international clearances.
The piece went along the lines that he was last contracted to a club in Spain 18 months, or so, ago, he then went on to play for a French team on, I believe, a non-contract basis and what is holding the deal up is getting the Spanish FA to confirm he is clear and not still contracted and also the French FA confirming his registration is not still held there.

Of course, the cynic in me just thinks that that is all a load of guff and it's simply the fact that we are still under umbongo :unsure:
See, that's what this club does to you, even if there's nothing to see you still see it..... :stunned:

This lad must be on the payroll already or he wouldn't have hung around this long. Equally PB must really fancy him, or he wouldn't have paid him and let him hang around that long.

As I look at the team I don't see a need for another central midfielder. But there again I didn't see a need for PB - and he's got us third in the league and playing nice stuff. As such I'm prepared to accept his judgement on Gomis.

Forget him....we have a multititude of riches in mid-field.
We MUST however get a goal-scoring forward, with respect to Woodrow, Reid and Corr, I wouldn't bank on any of them hitting a barn door from 6 inches at the moment.
You look back at all of our previous promoted sides and we have always had one if not two prolific strikers. Unless Freddy remains injury free I can't see that happening with what we currently have at the club.
If it is a question of a limit on the squad size, then unload any from Bennett, Thompson or Reid in January.

You know it makes sense.

Back