• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Been to Dagenham today!!!

Go to Wembley!

I hope Rotherham go through in the final!

A mickey mouse club like Dagenham don't deserve to be any higher than League 2 ;)

I thought both sides where useless, and if descent FOOTBALLERS where put in front of them, both sides would not have a clue!
What I am saying is when Grant gets hold of the ball in League 2 same with Moussa, we will have no problem. As long as we sign some no nonsense players. Also the scrapyness of the game was down to the occasion IMO! Exactly what we looked like when we played Northampton in the Playoffs a few years ago, in the playoffs, we looked like a group of headless hard men, whereas throughout the season we played some good stuff.

Lets hope we smash the league next season! It'll be tough!

Go to Wembley and support the little Daggers!

The Mickey Mouse club is currently being run by Ron Martin, open you eyes!

Go to Wembley!

I hope Rotherham go through in the final!

A mickey mouse club like Dagenham don't deserve to be any higher than League 2 ;)

I thought both sides where useless, and if descent FOOTBALLERS where put in front of them, both sides would not have a clue!

The only descent footballers round here at the moment are ours. That's why we're going down.

I was at Dagenham yesterday and have seen them on many occasions this season as i live just round the corner form the ground.
So here is the full run down on them and league 2.
Pepole on here need to wake up and quick as it will be a shock to many when we are around mid table after around 10 games.
With the players we have there is no way we will compete in this league at the top end.
Dagenham are what league 2 is all about and although i dont like the style of play it is very affective.
They are a direct side who constantly get the ball around the box with long throws good long passes and plenty of hard work.
Every player that Still has signed all have the same qualities they dont have a play maker they all play to a strict system which eventually grinds the opponents down.
This has been worked on hard in training and every player is super fit.
They even do sprints to the halfway line during the warm up!
People say Moussa and Grant will easilly get through league 2 its not the case as they will get bullied out of it by many opponents.
Still works with raw talent and has a superb knowledge of non league scene something that i have told Tilly to look at in personal messages.
Josh Scott for example who scored 4 yesterday was plucked from non league only last season.
Still also is a hard taskmaster and very much in the Barry Fry mould as some have said.
Now will we sign the rite players or will we get the usual paper stories of targets are set but we never actually seem to sign any!
I may sound sceptical but got to say ive seen this all to much at Southend.
We need to start acting and getting the players lined up so we can start on day one back in training with the squad that will challenge in the division.
Here is hoping!

People say Moussa and Grant will easilly get through league 2 its not the case as they will get bullied out of it by many opponents.
Grant will be alright to be fair, he always seems to take a kicking in league one anyway.

I was at Dagenham yesterday and have seen them on many occasions this season as i live just round the corner form the ground.
Pepole on here need to wake up and quick as it will be a shock to many when we are around mid table after around 10 games.
With the players we have there is no way we will compete in this league at the top end.
Dagenham are what league 2 is all about and although i dont like the style of play it is very affective.
They are a direct side who constantly get the ball around the box with long throws good long passes and plenty of hard work.
Every player that Still has signed all have the same qualities they dont have a play maker they all play to a strict system which eventually grinds the opponents down.
Still works with raw talent and has a superb knowledge of non league scene something that i have told Tilly to look at in personal messages.
Josh Scott for example who scored 4 yesterday was plucked from non league only last season.
Still also is a hard taskmaster and very much in the Barry Fry mould as some have said.
Now will we sign the rite players or will we get the usual paper stories of targets are set but we never actually seem to sign any!
We need to start acting and getting the players lined up so we can start on day one back in training with the squad that will challenge in the division.
Here is hoping!

Top post.

Tilly and the scouts really need to pull their finger out and quick, to identify some decent quality in the non league scene. It is there, you just need to move hell and earth to find it.

Just for once I would like to see us bloody organised and have a semi-decent squad ready to report for training on day 1. It is no good players coming in at the end of July or start of August. They need a good 4-6 weeks at least to gel and get to know their new team mates.

Here's hoping some money is available and the scouts do their job properly. 5 or 6 players signed up by the start of July would be ideal. Although I don't think we have a chance in hell of that happening....

Here is hoping!

Dagenham were well placed for automatic promotion for the first half of the season but then dipped down to half-way. The reason? They started, out of necessity, to do something Still does not like ... get loanees in. They got things sorted in the end. Another lesson for clubs that are relying on team spirit and endeavor. Oh. yes and they paid their players.

Here is hoping!

I agree and disagree with you.

I believe that if you play even the slightest bit of football in that League the other team WILL NOT HAVE A CLUE! Obviously the current squad will not be challenging for promotion, the players we have at the moment, will EASILY stay up! With the addition of some 'grafters' we will have no problem next year.

What I am saying is when Grant gets hold of the ball in League 2 same with Moussa, we will have no problem. As long as we sign some no nonsense players. Also the scrapyness of the game was down to the occasion IMO! Exactly what we looked like when we played Northampton in the Playoffs a few years ago, in the playoffs, we looked like a group of headless hard men, whereas throughout the season we played some good stuff.

I sincerely hope that whoever plays for us next season do not share your views. Otherwise we'll be stuffed.

Top post.

Tilly and the scouts really need to pull their finger out and quick, to identify some decent quality in the non league scene. It is there, you just need to move hell and earth to find it.

Just for once I would like to see us bloody organised and have a semi-decent squad ready to report for training on day 1. It is no good players coming in at the end of July or start of August. They need a good 4-6 weeks at least to gel and get to know their new team mates.

Here's hoping some money is available and the scouts do their job properly. 5 or 6 players signed up by the start of July would be ideal. Although I don't think we have a chance in hell of that happening....

If we haven't identified them by now it's too late. Where are Tilly and the scouts going to go to run the rule over these players after the end of a season? Don't expect us to have the full squad together much before 10 days before the start of the season, and that's assuming we are planning for a full squad at all. Loanees won't materialise / be confirmed until the end of August (clubs other than Southend don't release loan players until their squads are settled), by which time we could be floundering in the initial stages of the season with inexperienced players under tremendous pressure to bounce straight back up.

I agree that non-league is probably the best place to look for now; players who are used to professional wages / arrangements won't be attracted by our recent track record. Non-league players who are less experienced of a league / professional club setup may be more willing to give us a go.

In general I'm sure we'll be safe; I'm not daring to hope for any more than that.

My memory from last time in League Two is that it was almost always a battle, sometimes on ploughed fileds, where "pretty-pretty" football was ineffective (how many times were people wont to say on this site that we "played too much football" or that "our football is too good for this league"?!), and that sheer bloody hard work is an absolute minimum requirement.

If any of our current players think they'll be able to swan around League Two and play the opposition off the park, they'll get a very rude awakening in August.

Still works with raw talent and has a superb knowledge of non league scene something that i have told Tilly to look
at in personal messages.

Here is hoping!
Try telling that to Onion bag dreamer!

I sincerely hope that whoever plays for us next season do not share your views. Otherwise we'll be stuffed.

Wait a minute you disagree with me saying we need some physical players next season?

And you don't agree that the Daggers game was scrappy?

And you don't agree that if you play football in League 2 as well as some physical play we will be okay next season?

People obviously don't read my posts properly, and it's obvious that I'm not a pessimist, but I do post constructively, and don't write absolute rubbish on these message boards.

I don't know what sort of league a lot seem to think we are in next season. But it isn't pretty, and there aren't many good sides, and VERY average sides are at the top, and I believe we will be average enough next season to be there, or there abouts. I stand by my point, IF YOU PLAY FOOTBALL AGAINST LEAGUE 2 SIDES AS WELL AS A BIT OF PHYSICALITY WE WILL BE OKAY NEXT SEASON!

We may have just been relegated, but there are many reasons for that, I'm not saying we where good enough to stay up this season, we obviously were not because we got less points than almost everyone else. There have been a lot of factors that have contributed to the awful season we have had. But next year is a completely different story. We hope.

People get the ar$eholes with MK Dons but D&R are just as bad if not worse. They are an amalgamation of Dagenham, Leytonstone and Ilford (which was an amalgamtion of funnily enough Leytonstone and Ilford) and Walthamstow Avenue. I'm not too sure whether there is at least another club or two in there aswell.

Did Leyton Wingate end up in the mix too or are they still going?

haha! you are a genius Wigster!

If you think that the Daggers are Mickey Mouse and we are not under Martin's leadership then you are sadly one of his deluded followers. Dagenham have done wonders to get where they are so why not give them credit instead of the cheap name. Still, bulldozers are on site next month for the new stadium or is it more unbelievable bully you have fallen for!

If you think that the Daggers are Mickey Mouse and we are not under Martin's leadership then you are sadly one of his deluded followers. Dagenham have done wonders to get where they are so why not give them credit instead of the cheap name. Still, bulldozers are on site next month for the new stadium or is it more unbelievable bully you have fallen for!

It was tongue in cheek.
Of course they have have done brilliantly!
I'm a supporter of Southend United, I never belittle any club, because I lose my head when someone does it about Southend.
I have no doubt that the stadium will be built. You just can't wait to see Ron Martin fail which would result in even DARKER days for us.
It will be built wigster! Martin will be here, if you don't like it, 95% of the people will gladly show you the door.

My next problem is my daughter wants to go to Wembley now, I never thought it would be with Dagenham, I wished it was Southend!!!
Do I lie to her and say Morecombe won 7-0 on thursday and wembley is off?
Nah, just say no. You're the dad, right?

If the daggers go up it will be a major embarresment ,come think about it dagenham for christ sake .I know it sounds big headed but its an all time low for me.
Its bad enough bloody orient being in the division above us.

Back